It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
Drkyle00

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by Drkyle00 » 21 Oct 2016, 18:43

At least Stafford is fun to watch. Otherwise, like Bills and Browns fans, I am used to disappointments

chas45 wrote:
Drkyle00 wrote:I'm a Lions fan unfortunately.....
Hey your 3-3 with some of your best players out. Could be worse.
Redskins next and two of their best players Reed and Jackson may be out.
Home game. Good luck.

chas45
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by chas45 » 21 Oct 2016, 20:09

kensrs wrote:
chas45 wrote:
kensrs wrote:
ATL did get screwed for sure. I'm hoping all the one loss teams lose this week so MN has a 2 game advantage for #1 seed.
I like the Vikes vs ATL and NE vs PIT for AFC. Would be cool if it was Buffalo vs MN in the superbowl though, we are both 0-4 so at least one of the teams would finally get a W. Knowing our luck though, the game would end in a tie and something bad happens where we cant finish it so both teams go to 0-4-1 :(
The is no way the Pats are not going to the Superbowl this year. After all that deflategate crap, real or not, the team is looking for payback. What better way to stick it to Goodell?
ya my guess is they make it also... Just be nice to see Bills vs Vikes but almost no chance Buffalo goes into NE and wins a playoff game.
Buffalo always scares me. Ryan has a really good football mind and is a great schemer. I just don't think he was doing a good job motivating his players. He has always had great players to work with. To much rah rah crap.
Can't wait to play them again though. They kicked our butt last time.

zippo

Post by zippo » 22 Oct 2016, 05:56

Hey Chas good to hear from ya. As the resident Bills mouth piece I think he's done one of his better coaching jobs this year. Dareus 0 snaps, Watkins out for half the season already, turned cheapo street FAs like Zach Brown and Lorenzo Alexander into legitimate players. I mean Lorax (Alexander's new nickname in Buffalo) is a ten year special teams veteran and now leads the NFL in sacks. Zach Brown is in the tp 10 in tackles, as a bust in Tenessee.

4-2 after an embarrassing start without our #1 or #2 draft picks either.

He is a circus side show, and full of bluster, but I think we needed that out here. There are only so many card tables to destroy in the tailgate sessions! Just hoping Buffalo is healthy enough (McCoy and Woods now dinged up), and disciplined enough to take care of Miami, in Miami before looking ahead to hosting your boys from Foxboro next week.

I now the Pats will be at near full strength and looking to exact some revenge.

chas45
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by chas45 » 22 Oct 2016, 10:16

Nothing would make me happier than to see Ryan throw his headset into the stands....lol.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 22 Oct 2016, 13:52

Drkyle00 wrote:At least Stafford is fun to watch. Otherwise, like Bills and Browns fans, I am used to disappointments

chas45 wrote:
Drkyle00 wrote:I'm a Lions fan unfortunately.....
Hey your 3-3 with some of your best players out. Could be worse.
Redskins next and two of their best players Reed and Jackson may be out.
Home game. Good luck.
Hey brother and Welcome.
The fun thing about this thread is go back to the very beginning and read how me, zippo, and kensrs were all fretting about how bad our teams projected to be this year. Falcons, Bills, and Vikes.
Charlie's Pats don't count coz they're always there...thats why we hate them :lol: (kidding Charlie)

Who knows? Maybe the Lions can string some wins together...still a lotta season left.
As a Dawg fan, it was great having Stafford here. I remember when we first signed him out of high school..Mel Kiper projected him the number 1 overall pick in the draft, and three years later that proved spot on.

chas45
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by chas45 » 23 Oct 2016, 11:23

Great quarterback. Good thing he is a big guy. He gets sacked way to much. He is going to get hurt someday then that's it for the Lions. Offensive line has to step up.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 04 Feb 2017, 15:19

Charlie, I know you're out there hahah!

First, Congratulations to the Patriots for another trip to the Super Bowl. Can you believe, after all this season, that my Falcons are there too?
HA! Man......looking back at my posts at the beginning of this thread, I have some serious crow to eat, concerning our GM, HC, Vic Beasley, and pretty much everything else about the team!!! I remember wanting to trade Zippo, our Bills fan, Dan Quinn for Rex Ryan.......
Hey brother, let's have a great game Sunday. Been a great ride this year. Here's to you. Cheers!

chas45
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by chas45 » 10 Feb 2017, 01:44

My condolences Artibus. Tough way to lose. Great team, bad coaching for sure.
See you there next year !

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 17 Jan 2018, 17:26

My Falcons found another way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Kensrs and Charlie are both still in it. Good luck guys.
kensrs, I can't find the words to say how happy I was on the last play of y'all vs the Aints. I hope Saints fans can come up with a similar float this Mardi Gras to match the "28-3" that mocked Atlanta after last year's Super Bowl. Something along the lines of the Viking receiver running down the sideline while the clock showed 00:00 :shock: :oops: :? :( might do the trick..... :mrgreen:

murphy1746

Post by murphy1746 » 17 Jan 2018, 18:26

I dont know if crank is a Vikings fan but us in South Dakota are. SKOL!!!

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 17 Jan 2018, 18:45

We in Philadelphia are just kind of along for the ride. Once Wentz went down, no one really expected much, but we'll take it!

kensrs
Site Admin

Post by kensrs » 17 Jan 2018, 21:08

murphy1746 wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 18:26
I dont know if crank is a Vikings fan but us in South Dakota are. SKOL!!!
I am :)

canadian

Post by canadian » 17 Jan 2018, 21:21

ITS HOCKEY SEASON!!!!!!!

any of you born-americans actually like hockey over football/baseball/basketball? sorry to interrupt your football chat :P

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 18 Jan 2018, 00:02

canadian wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 21:21
ITS HOCKEY SEASON!!!!!!!

any of you born-americans actually like hockey over football/baseball/basketball? sorry to interrupt your football chat :P
Nahh. When we had the Thrashers in Atlanta, I followed them somewhat but they never won a playoff game during their existence here.
Both the Flames earlier and the Thrashers later on drew pretty decent crowds, but neither were anywhere near as popular as football or baseball. Basketball has had its times, but for the most part the Hawks, and Georgia Tech and UGA are never quite good enough to stir up much real interest.
Hockey is a lot more fun to watch in person by far.
NASCAR used to interest me a lot more but when Dale Earnhardt died, it seems the sport pretty much died too. Tickets that were once as hard as Masters tickets to get were passed down from generation...now, they have a hard time filling those same tracks.

murphy1746

Post by murphy1746 » 18 Jan 2018, 00:45

Kensrs you just went way up in my book which is pretty hard because you were already at the top. SKOL, BTW my oldest son got to got to the game. His last message to my wife was “I have never hugged so many strangers in my life”

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 18 Jan 2018, 03:14

klaatu48 wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 18:45
We in Philadelphia are just kind of along for the ride. Once Wentz went down, no one really expected much, but we'll take it!
Nick Foles played well against us last week, dang it :wink:

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 18 Jan 2018, 03:23

artibus wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 03:14
klaatu48 wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 18:45
Nick Foles played well against us last week, dang it :wink:
He's very streaky, so I'll be more than happy to see him carry the second half of last week through this week and maybe a couple of weeks afterward. He's not the greatest, but people forget that he's already in the Hall of Fame -- twice.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 18 Jan 2018, 03:24

murphy1746 wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 00:45
Kensrs you just went way up in my book which is pretty hard because you were already at the top. SKOL, BTW my oldest son got to got to the game. His last message to my wife was “I have never hugged so many strangers in my life”
One of my buddies directed me to a video on youtube "Saints Bar reaction to Viking game". They were hugging and chest beating a lot when they kicked that fg with 29 seconds left. I don't mean to rub their face in it (yes I do...they hate us, we hate them) but there was only one problem. There still 29 seconds left. After the initial pain and shock, you can hear the sound of beer bottles smashing in the bar. :lol: . I'm sorry (not really) but it was just kinda fun to watch the karma train rollin' down the track. Even better....cell phone video surfaced showing Sean Payton doing what he does (making the choke sign and mocking the SKOL chant) moments before the Vikes scored. 8)

kensrs
Site Admin

Post by kensrs » 18 Jan 2018, 09:15

murphy1746 wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 00:45
Yea, I was freaking out in Vegas too and hugging everyone around.
In my lifetime we are 0-3 in NFC Championship games and team is 0-4 in Super Bowls, be nice to break both those streaks in the next month.

chas45
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by chas45 » 18 Jan 2018, 23:50

All signs point to another Superbowl trophy for my Pats. You never know though. I have had my heart broken so many times by the Pats years ago. As good as they are now they were that bad then. If they do lose I am a Vikings fan for sure. I am so glad I live in Boston. What a great place to be a sports fan. Bruins are red hot, Celts are on a tear and the Pat's are the greatest team EVA ! Win or lose though it is a great time of year. Good luck to everyone who still has a dog in the race. ( you'll need it....lol )
Charlie.