GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
JimB
Posts: 1005
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 21:50
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 48 times

GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by JimB »

You have to read this article to believe it ......

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-u ... 00717.html
A woman looks great with short hair or a shaved head .....
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by artibus »

Initially I felt really sorry for her because of what she put herself through. When the subject of (inevitable in this day and age) litigation against the manufacturer of the product she foolishly applied to her hair arose, she lost me. What the hell is wrong with people?
I suppose the label on Guerilla Glue will now state "Not for use on Hair"...and the price of a bottle will double for the rest of us who actually already knew that.
klaatu48
Posts: 2418
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 05:58
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by klaatu48 »

Yeah, she's a fucking idiot and I hope she has to pay the company's defense costs.
User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1280
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by ~svenhair »

On another note, spray foam, sold under the name Great Stuff at places like Home Depot, works great as a permanent hair mousse. Rich solid gold-hold ma’am.😂

By the way, if you’ve never read this story thread before, it’s a laugh riot. The story of a red neck who accidentally gets bed liner (also a polyurethane) on his hootus and turns to the internet for advice.

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/th ... tus.18595/
User avatar
bangs-cutter
Posts: 6518
Joined: 12 Oct 2011, 04:50
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by bangs-cutter »

How do you even "accidentally" put glue on your hair? For starters, there's a freaking image of a gorilla on the bottle. Then, why would a bottle of glue be placed together with your grooming products?

I call BS. It was not accidental. She only claimed it was accidental out of embarrassment. She probably got frustrated her usual products didn't work, and tried to apply glue instead, wrongly thinking she can get it off later.

Personal responsibility and common sense seems to be lacking. You wouldn't find people filing lawsuits for their own idiocy outside the US.

On a related note, I am sure all of us here are thinking the same thing. The easiest way to solve this problem is with a straight razor to the scalp. :lol:
User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1280
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by ~svenhair »

Do you think that the brand, GotToBe shares some the responsibility here?

After all, They’re the ones who called their hair product GLUE.
Her go to holding spray is a product called Got To Be Glue. She ran out of that and found Gorilla Spray Glue in a similar sized can. Ignoring the fact that the can has a gorilla on the front, (they have fur) hey why not try this stuff instead? (Could happen to any imbecile, right,? Talk to your lawyer, you have a case girl! )

Guilty pleasure is watching her video where she hammers on her head and you realize that her hair has been turned into a hard plastic cap is actually kind of wicked. Too bad it stuck to her skin too, the grow out would have interesting to watch.🤭🤔
User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1280
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by ~svenhair »

SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by SuperStylist »

I see the usual suspects are having a good time at a black lady’s expense.
User avatar
bangs-cutter
Posts: 6518
Joined: 12 Oct 2011, 04:50
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by bangs-cutter »

Putting all those products to try to get rid of the glue will just make her skin worse.

Best course of action is to just do nothing and endure for awhile.

Skin is always growing. The upper layer of skin will eventually peel off, and her hair will grow enough for razor to be used to shave it all off without hurting the scalp. A skilled barber who knows how to use a straight razor is more suited for this than a doctor.
Vandal Adg
Posts: 6
Joined: 18 Dec 2020, 19:26

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by Vandal Adg »

Whatever happened I feel bad for her, luckily she got the help she needed and the super glue has been removed from her hair. One time I yanked the cap off of gorilla glue, it had become glued to the container, and glue went flying in globs and droplets all over my beard, hair, and face in general. I quickly wiped it off key areas and hopped in the shower, ended up pulling a lot of hair out.
User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1280
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by ~svenhair »

SuperStylist wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 17:06
I see the usual suspects are having a good time at a black lady’s expense.
Not accurate as usual, I for one would have been much happier had this been Jennifer Anniston.☺️💇🏻
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by SuperStylist »

~svenhair wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 20:40
SuperStylist wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 17:06
I see the usual suspects are having a good time at a black lady’s expense.
Not accurate as usual, I for one would have been much happier had this been Jennifer Anniston.☺️💇🏻
The evidence is on the page, if you don’t understand why you suck it’s not my problem. :lol:
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by artibus »

SuperStylist wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 17:06
I see the usual suspects are having a good time at a black lady’s expense.
Where has anyone other than yourself brought up any mention of the woman's race? I couldn't care less regarding her race or anything else, other than she made a mistake and is now evidently going to seek legal action because of her own stupidity.

Funny that I don't see you, or any of your "usual suspects" saying anything about the stereotyping in this other thread, despite over 250 views...
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46074&p=168593#p168593
Gee.....I wonder why?
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by SuperStylist »

Funny that you guys know exactly who I’m referring too, if the cap fits. Also if you can’t see the race aspect of this (which you clearly can’t) you are the problem.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by artibus »

SuperStylist wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 00:08
Funny that you guys know exactly who I’m referring too, if the cap fits. Also if you can’t see the race aspect of this (which you clearly can’t) you are the problem.
Actually, you are the problem. None of the rest of us see it as a race issue. Only you.
Stop trying to make this into something it is not... just to further your divisive agenda. Your baseless arguments don't serve you well.
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by SuperStylist »

artibus wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 03:02
SuperStylist wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 00:08
Funny that you guys know exactly who I’m referring too, if the cap fits. Also if you can’t see the race aspect of this (which you clearly can’t) you are the problem.
Actually, you are the problem. None of the rest of us see it as a race issue. Only you.
Stop trying to make this into something it is not... just to further your divisive agenda. Your baseless arguments don't serve you well.
Absolutely, you don’t see the inherent problem of white men mocking a black woman in relation to her haircare mistake.

I’ve read other post by you aggressively defending bigoted behavior. You’re so far gone, you don’t even realize it.

It’s not the bigoted comments that blow my mind, it’s the doubling down and attacking anyone who dares to mention anything about those bigoted comments being problematic.

Privilege white men don’t like being told they are wrong, but you better get used to it. You’re the dinosaur here.

Also, it doesn’t surprise me that a Trump supporter doesn’t now what a baseless means. All of my comments are direct responses to things you and others write.

Who exactly am I dividing? There are less than a dozen people who regularly post here. Some are toxic, others seem ok. We already know where we stand.

Seems like you’re just regurgitating crap that you see on Fox News, learn to think for yourself and you might realize how bad you are making yourself look.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by artibus »

SuperStylist wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 05:49
artibus wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 03:02
SuperStylist wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 00:08
Funny that you guys know exactly who I’m referring too, if the cap fits. Also if you can’t see the race aspect of this (which you clearly can’t) you are the problem.
Actually, you are the problem. None of the rest of us see it as a race issue. Only you.
Stop trying to make this into something it is not... just to further your divisive agenda. Your baseless arguments don't serve you well.
Absolutely, you don’t see the inherent problem of white men mocking a black woman in relation to her haircare mistake.

I’ve read other post by you aggressively defending bigoted behavior. You’re so far gone, you don’t even realize it.

It’s not the bigoted comments that blow my mind, it’s the doubling down and attacking anyone who dares to mention anything about those bigoted comments being problematic.

Privilege white men don’t like being told they are wrong, but you better get used to it. You’re the dinosaur here.

Also, it doesn’t surprise me that a Trump supporter doesn’t now what a baseless means. All of my comments are direct responses to things you and others write.

Who exactly am I dividing? There are less than a dozen people who regularly post here. Some are toxic, others seem ok. We already know where we stand.

Seems like you’re just regurgitating crap that you see on Fox News, learn to think for yourself and you might realize how bad you are making yourself look.
I posted my story of my "privileged life" in another thread that you also happened to be in, and you saw it.
I'm curious as to your own background, "Elina". You have the amazing ability to change identities and genders whenever you get pissed and "leave" this community, but you still can't resist the inevitable political posts when you amazingly "return".
I'm a bigot? Really? I'll say it one more time in case you somehow missed it in the other thread.

Once again, I think EVERYONE should be treated with kindness and respect. NO EXCEPTIONS. Is that clear enough for you?
xxxzvp
Posts: 394
Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 19:33
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by xxxzvp »

Nothing controversial here, if you put Gorilla Glue in your hair, you are not smart.
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by SuperStylist »

It would be clear enough if if almost every post you make didn’t contradict it. Lashing out angrily at people who state that bigotry exists. Shouting in block capitals to aggressively push your point across. You are not going to shout me into submission. I don’t accept your argument.

You clearly don’t understand the concept of white privilege. It’s not about how rough your background was, it is about how much more opportunity and potential upward mobility you inherently have because of your race. Just because a white person may be poor or “fail” in the context of social/career expectations, that is not a strong argument against the existence of white privilege. White privilege doesn’t mean everything is handed to you on a plate, it means that you move through life without the deck stacked against you. It might not seem like such a huge privilege unless you live on the other side of it.

You seem like a person who would say all lives matter rather than Black Lives Matter because you don’t understand that black lives are currently diminished by systemic racism while white lives are not. To deny that fact is to contribute to the oppression of black people. In this context “all lives matter” is seen by almost everyone outside of the far-right as a racist position.

Your other comments about gender are once again transphobic. Another concept you fail to grasp. Others on the board have addressed this in other threads.

In my option having read your posts across the forum, you demonstrate little respect for others. Shouting down and being aggressive to anyone who actually calls for respect and kindness on this forum. You and your two buddies are the entire problem.

A healthy response to criticism of a bigoted post would be something like: “I hear you and it was not my intention to make anyone feel attacked. Thanks for pointing that out.”

Nobody has to backtrack with groveling apologies, they don’t have to censor themselves, but when someone points out that a comment is bigoted, maybe you don’t need to rush in with maximum aggression, doubling down to defend your fragile sense of cis hetro whiteness. Most of the time you were not even the person who posted the offensive comment! You could have just simply not gotten involved, because if you didn’t post the original comment, it’s not really any of your business. Unless you are so keen to defend white male toxicity that you cannot help yourself. Therein lies your problem.

You act like you speak for everyone. You do not.
User avatar
Jackie Treehorn
Posts: 424
Joined: 20 Feb 2016, 14:37
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: GORILA GLUE SPRAY ......

Post by Jackie Treehorn »

SuperStylist wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 17:55
It would be clear enough if if almost every post you make didn’t contradict it. Lashing out angrily at people who state that bigotry exists. Shouting in block capitals to aggressively push your point across. You are not going to shout me into submission. I don’t accept your argument.

You clearly don’t understand the concept of white privilege. It’s not about how rough your background was, it is about how much more opportunity and potential upward mobility you inherently have because of your race. Just because a white person may be poor or “fail” in the context of social/career expectations, that is not a strong argument against the existence of white privilege. White privilege doesn’t mean everything is handed to you on a plate, it means that you move through life without the deck stacked against you. It might not seem like such a huge privilege unless you live on the other side of it.

You seem like a person who would say all lives matter rather than Black Lives Matter because you don’t understand that black lives are currently diminished by systemic racism while white lives are not. To deny that fact is to contribute to the oppression of black people. In this context “all lives matter” is seen by almost everyone outside of the far-right as a racist position.

Your other comments about gender are once again transphobic. Another concept you fail to grasp. Others on the board have addressed this in other threads.

In my option having read your posts across the forum, you demonstrate little respect for others. Shouting down and being aggressive to anyone who actually calls for respect and kindness on this forum. You and your two buddies are the entire problem.

A healthy response to criticism of a bigoted post would be something like: “I hear you and it was not my intention to make anyone feel attacked. Thanks for pointing that out.”

Nobody has to backtrack with groveling apologies, they don’t have to censor themselves, but when someone points out that a comment is bigoted, maybe you don’t need to rush in with maximum aggression, doubling down to defend your fragile sense of cis hetro whiteness. Most of the time you were not even the person who posted the offensive comment! You could have just simply not gotten involved, because if you didn’t post the original comment, it’s not really any of your business. Unless you are so keen to defend white male toxicity that you cannot help yourself. Therein lies your problem.

You act like you speak for everyone. You do not.
You spend more time on here talking and posturing about gender and accusing people of being intolerant and not as woke as you than you do anything else. You seem more interested in your trans-identity than you are in hair. You are obviously miserable here with all of the people you consider awful and intolerant. So Elina / Super "Stylist" why are you still here?
Post Reply