When trolls meet in real life

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by SuperStylist »

One thing I will say is that tat00x has let this forum be completely taken over by three or four white supremacists, who bully anyone off the site if they even as much as ask to be treated with basic respect and common decency.

Now watch artibus spend the next three pages telling us that he isn’t a white supremacist because racism doesn’t exist and that he personally treats everyone as he wishes to be treated himself (which obviously isn’t true as we have seen him whine and lash out like a thin skinned fool at anyone who doesn’t agree with him and then proceeds to bully them. He obviously loves to dish it out and can’t take it himself.) He will also tell us how BLM are equally as bad as the KKK and that he wants to commit violent criminal acts against anyone he doesn’t like.

Wind him up and watch him go. He would rather make a fool of himself than quietly accept that other people have a right to their opinion too, even if (god forbid) those views don’t precisely align with his.
User avatar
tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1377
Joined: 05 Jul 2005, 22:59
Location: Somewhere in Italy
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by tat00x »

What I complained about are the numerous and continuous post reports and PMs I receive in background from you all attacking each other and trying to get the others banned.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by artibus »

SuperStylist wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 05:08
One thing I will say is that tat00x has let this forum be completely taken over by three or four white supremacists, who bully anyone off the site if they even as much as ask to be treated with basic respect and common decency.

Now watch artibus spend the next three pages telling us that he isn’t a white supremacist because racism doesn’t exist and that he personally treats everyone as he wishes to be treated himself (which obviously isn’t true as we have seen him whine and lash out like a thin skinned fool at anyone who doesn’t agree with him and then proceeds to bully them. He obviously loves to dish it out and can’t take it himself.) He will also tell us how BLM are equally as bad as the KKK and that he wants to commit violent criminal acts against anyone he doesn’t like.

Wind him up and watch him go. He would rather make a fool of himself than quietly accept that other people have a right to their opinion too, even if (god forbid) those views don’t precisely align with his.
This is what I posted. If this makes me a "racist", I can tolerate that. What I won't tolerate is someone openly bashing tat00x here. Sorry SuperStylist/Elina (seems I struck a nerve, but we all knew ;)) you can't run your damn mouth at the person who founded and provides this site for us and not expect to get called on it.
BTW, YOU were the one who introduced political name calling in this thread...and scissortooth pointed it out.
You bemoan how "toxic and unfair" things are here at this FREE site, make a big deal of "closing your account" (Elina), and then simply open another with a new name and resume the same crap about how "bad it is here".
I can say this:
1) Never changed my member name here in thirteen years.
2) Never pm'ed a mod or tat00x asking for a ban for anyone, other than the ONE person who is banned from mention here...actually pm'ed for two banned members(totallyfly, fastmandan88) to get "another chance".

My "racist" words:
Re: When trolls meet in real life
Post by artibus » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:14 am


I grew up very poor in rural North Georgia with eight siblings and an alcoholic, abusive father who passed away when I was 15. Two uncles were klansmen, and my cousin and I were recruited at age 17. We both politely but firmly declined. Thank God and The US Army, I was able to move on and grow. My opinion of the KKK remains now as it was then...not much. Ignorant, and sad people.
Trust me, you will not have a stronger ally than myself when it comes to standing up for those who are maligned and mistreated. That includes, but is not limited to, race, religion, and gender identity. I can understand every emotion you have regarding the mistreatment of trans people, and it's something that should absolutely be brought to attention...and stopped.
As long as we agree that the tactics of any group that involve bullying, violence, and/or property destruction as "warranted" and "normal" are actually in fact WRONG, then we're pretty much on the same page I'd say.
These users thanked the author artibus for the post (total 2):
scissortooth • dude_girl
scissortooth
Posts: 1365
Joined: 07 Feb 2016, 23:07
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by scissortooth »

tat00x wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 08:05
What I complained about are the numerous and continuous post reports and PMs I receive in background from you all attacking each other and trying to get the others banned.
Not sure if that includes me, but...

...I reported only one person recently and did it once and I think that this actual single person should be banned because they keep inciting quarrels in multiple threads. Not by stating their opinions, but clearly provoking people and even admitting it once they are exposed to the point of looking dumb. Not to mention downright insulting. They are really just a troublemaker that brings little to no added value here, simply toxic.
dude_girl
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 15:10
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by dude_girl »

tat00x wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 08:05
What I complained about are the numerous and continuous post reports and PMs I receive in background from you all attacking each other and trying to get the others banned.
You just basically threw a powder keg into a relatively settled conversation because you were being bothered. If I could make a request I'd ask that you deal with those individuals personally, not coming into a thread threatening to ban people. It seems that you guys don't like when you get insulted (I can think of fastmandan getting banned for antagonizing kensrs) but when it comes to the members of this forum you're pretty okay with insults and name calling.
artibus wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 08:42
This is what I posted. If this makes me a "racist", I can tolerate that. What I won't tolerate is someone openly bashing tat00x here. Sorry SuperStylist/Elina (seems I struck a nerve, but we all knew ;)) you can't run your damn mouth at the person who founded and provides this site for us and not expect to get called on it.
BTW, YOU were the one who introduced political name calling in this thread...and scissortooth pointed it out.
You bemoan how "toxic and unfair" things are here at this FREE site, make a big deal of "closing your account" (Elina), and then simply open another with a new name and resume the same crap about how "bad it is here".
I can say this:
1) Never changed my member name here in thirteen years.
2) Never pm'ed a mod or tat00x asking for a ban for anyone, other than the ONE person who is banned from mention here...actually pm'ed for two banned members(totallyfly, fastmandan88) to get "another chance".
Can we please stop with the amateur detective shit when it comes to people changing their usernames, it's stupid and petty and remarkably insignificant. I changed my username from "dude_guy" to "dude_girl", does that mean I lack some sort of virtue? Can I not contribute my opinions on this FREE site?

It may not seem toxic to you, but it's a completely different experience for women on this board. Having been in the unique position of being a member of this board as both a man and woman I can tell you that the misogyny on this board is ridiculous. Women who try to communicate on this board are almost immediately questioned about whether they actually are a woman, and if we can get people to believe that we are not in fact lying trolls our feelings about the toxicity on this board are overwhelmed by a tidal wave of mansplaining and gaslighting. I have had numerous conversations with women on this board about how we're treated and it's universally acknowledged that there is a tremendous amount of toxicity (doubly so for us who aren't just women but LGBTQ+ women). In the year that I have existed on this site as a woman I have been called "mentally ill" by multiple people, an "it", a "human fruit fly", a waste of time, and told that I'll always be a man just to name a few of the choice words that I have to deal with far too often on here. I also constantly feel like I'm being spoken down too, which I consider ridiculous considering I'm a professional educator with a Masters degree in public policy analysis. I never experienced any of these things as "dude_guy" but I get them all the time as "dude_girl".

I won't say that the people who moderate this board are misogynists or toxic, but I will say that my belief is that these characteristics existing on this board are not a big deal to them. Maybe if you have a large amount of women on this board (even though people may immediately question if they're women or not) complaining about the toxicity on this site you shouldn't just accuse them of whining, and instead try to understand how the things we complain about are perceived and make a serious effort towards changing the culture on this site.
scissortooth
Posts: 1365
Joined: 07 Feb 2016, 23:07
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by scissortooth »

dude_girl wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 13:20
Women who try to communicate on this board are almost immediately questioned about whether they actually are a woman
Now, other things are other things and I don't question them, but attributing this particular thing to misogyny is very misguided IMO. And if you were visiting places like this in the past as a guy I'm surprised you don't know where it comes from. Let's just say "covert roleplaying" has been a popular element of this fetish for a while. Some people perhaps do it because of transgender identity or at least fantasies, others perhaps do it as a sort of projection due to having no female to "practice" their fetish with. But it has been so widespread that there really is no misogyny needed here. Though I suppose it is often present as well, but it's more of a coincidence rather than cause and effect. Sure, there are women like Kat Surth, but experience suggests that they are heavily outnumbered by guys in places like this.

That "covert roleplaying" and the dearth of evidence of female presence is the cause of that questioning. Not misogyny. Misogyny is the cause of many other things here, but not likely this.
dude_girl
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 15:10
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by dude_girl »

scissortooth wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 14:30
Now, other things are other things and I don't question them, but attributing this particular thing to misogyny is very misguided IMO. And if you were visiting places like this in the past as a guy I'm surprised you don't know where it comes from. Let's just say "covert roleplaying" has been a popular element of this fetish for a while. Some people perhaps do it because of transgender identity or at least fantasies, others perhaps do it as a sort of projection due to having no female to "practice" their fetish with. But it has been so widespread that there really is no misogyny needed here. Though I suppose it is often present as well, but it's more of a coincidence rather than cause and effect. Sure, there are women like Kat Surth, but experience suggests that they are heavily outnumbered by guys in places like this.

That "covert roleplaying" and the dearth of evidence of female presence is the cause of that questioning. Not misogyny. Misogyny is the cause of many other things here, but not likely this.
Please don't try to explain this board to me, I've been on here much longer than you have - although I did change my username which some people here equate to de-legitimizing my ability to give my opinion (not you but someone else in this thread has insinuated this). Do you question a guy if he comes on the board saying he's male? I would probably venture to say that there are some women on here who practice that "covert roleplaying" to avoid the questioning and mansplaining (which you just did). I also question why it matters, like why do you give a shit if a guy pretends to be a girl? How does that impact your enjoyment of the content contributed here? I used to contribute to the Hair Story Network where my main characters were female, despite the fact that I was still presenting as a man at the time, would that mean I was tricking the people reading the story? No, that's ridiculous because stories are a form of escapism from reality. I would suggest that this whole board is a form of escapism from reality. I doubt most of the guys who act like assholes here have the same type of behavior in public, or else they would basically be shunned by society. Does that mean we question the sincerity of their actions?

My suggestion, just my humble opinion, is that if someone tells you they're a woman you just say "okay" and move on - just like if I, as a trans woman, tell someone I'm a woman that should be enough to call me so.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by artibus »

dude_girl wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 13:20
tat00x wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 08:05
What I complained about are the numerous and continuous post reports and PMs I receive in background from you all attacking each other and trying to get the others banned.
You just basically threw a powder keg into a relatively settled conversation because you were being bothered. If I could make a request I'd ask that you deal with those individuals personally, not coming into a thread threatening to ban people. It seems that you guys don't like when you get insulted (I can think of fastmandan getting banned for antagonizing kensrs) but when it comes to the members of this forum you're pretty okay with insults and name calling.
artibus wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 08:42
This is what I posted. If this makes me a "racist", I can tolerate that. What I won't tolerate is someone openly bashing tat00x here. Sorry SuperStylist/Elina (seems I struck a nerve, but we all knew ;)) you can't run your damn mouth at the person who founded and provides this site for us and not expect to get called on it.
BTW, YOU were the one who introduced political name calling in this thread...and scissortooth pointed it out.
You bemoan how "toxic and unfair" things are here at this FREE site, make a big deal of "closing your account" (Elina), and then simply open another with a new name and resume the same crap about how "bad it is here".
I can say this:
1) Never changed my member name here in thirteen years.
2) Never pm'ed a mod or tat00x asking for a ban for anyone, other than the ONE person who is banned from mention here...actually pm'ed for two banned members(totallyfly, fastmandan88) to get "another chance".
Can we please stop with the amateur detective shit when it comes to people changing their usernames, it's stupid and petty and remarkably insignificant. I changed my username from "dude_guy" to "dude_girl", does that mean I lack some sort of virtue? Can I not contribute my opinions on this FREE site?

It may not seem toxic to you, but it's a completely different experience for women on this board. Having been in the unique position of being a member of this board as both a man and woman I can tell you that the misogyny on this board is ridiculous. Women who try to communicate on this board are almost immediately questioned about whether they actually are a woman, and if we can get people to believe that we are not in fact lying trolls our feelings about the toxicity on this board are overwhelmed by a tidal wave of mansplaining and gaslighting. I have had numerous conversations with women on this board about how we're treated and it's universally acknowledged that there is a tremendous amount of toxicity (doubly so for us who aren't just women but LGBTQ+ women). In the year that I have existed on this site as a woman I have been called "mentally ill" by multiple people, an "it", a "human fruit fly", a waste of time, and told that I'll always be a man just to name a few of the choice words that I have to deal with far too often on here. I also constantly feel like I'm being spoken down too, which I consider ridiculous considering I'm a professional educator with a Masters degree in public policy analysis. I never experienced any of these things as "dude_guy" but I get them all the time as "dude_girl".

I won't say that the people who moderate this board are misogynists or toxic, but I will say that my belief is that these characteristics existing on this board are not a big deal to them. Maybe if you have a large amount of women on this board (even though people may immediately question if they're women or not) complaining about the toxicity on this site you shouldn't just accuse them of whining, and instead try to understand how the things we complain about are perceived and make a serious effort towards changing the culture on this site.
Can you please stop with the continued posts about your personal difficulty as a transgender? You've pretty much covered...with almost every post you make. We get it, and I personally have already told you I support the trans community.
Nowhere in my words was there any derogatory tone towards Elina regarding gender. I said Elina used to complain, closed her former account (with great fanfare) and then simply opened another account to resume complaining about how "bad it is here".
I couldn't care less whether someone here is male female trans.
The thing that bugs me is when someone bitches about the site and how the owner and mods run this (free) site, makes a big deal out of saying "I'm leaving", and then comes back and starts bitching all over again.
It doesn't take "detective work" to understand when someone is full of crap regarding their account(s) here....kinda like the "dirt bike death" of a certain member here a while back. Know what I mean? :wink:
If you can take a word of advice...you and SuperStylist jumping on tat00x like you are is probably an ill advised move. He might not tell you, but I think I speak for a lot of members here who hold the belief that if you're that miserable here, leave and go start your own site.
dude_girl
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 15:10
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by dude_girl »

artibus wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:46
Can you please stop with the continued posts about your personal difficulty as a transgender? You've pretty much covered...with almost every post you make. We get it, and I personally have already told you I support the trans community.
Nowhere in my words was there any derogatory tone towards Elina regarding gender. I said Elina used to complain, closed her former account (with great fanfare) and then simply opened another account to resume complaining about how "bad it is here".
I couldn't care less whether someone here is male female trans.
The thing that bugs me is when someone bitches about the site and how the owner and mods run this (free) site, makes a big deal out of saying "I'm leaving", and then comes back and starts bitching all over again.
It doesn't take "detective work" to understand when someone is full of crap regarding their account(s) here....kinda like the "dirt bike death" of a certain member here a while back. Know what I mean? :wink:
If you can take a word of advice...you and SuperStylist jumping on tat00x like you are is probably an ill advised move. He might not tell you, but I think I speak for a lot of members here who hold the belief that if you're that miserable here, leave and go start your own site.
Oh so the whole free speech thing doesn't really matter to you... Cool.

First things first, did you read the last post? I was talking about my unique situation where I've experienced this place from both perspectives, I'm sorry if me being trans triggered you. Also, while we're on this subject, there's no such thing as a "transgender". It's an adjective not a noun. If you truly want to be a trans ally you really shouldn't refer to us like we're not human, that we're an other.

Secondly, I've never told you to lay off the right wing bullshit, but that seems to come up any time I ask people to lay off the hateful comments. I've never attacked ANYONE in my comments, and I want to be a part of a community where the people who run a board should want those community members to have a stake in the environment created. Which I don't see here, and I should be able to state without being told to leave.
scissortooth
Posts: 1365
Joined: 07 Feb 2016, 23:07
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by scissortooth »

dude_girl wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 15:18
Please don't try to explain this board to me, I've been on here much longer than you have - although I did change my username which some people here equate to de-legitimizing my ability to give my opinion (not you but someone else in this thread has insinuated this). Do you question a guy if he comes on the board saying he's male? I would probably venture to say that there are some women on here who practice that "covert roleplaying" to avoid the questioning and mansplaining (which you just did). I also question why it matters, like why do you give a shit if a guy pretends to be a girl? How does that impact your enjoyment of the content contributed here? I used to contribute to the Hair Story Network where my main characters were female, despite the fact that I was still presenting as a man at the time, would that mean I was tricking the people reading the story? No, that's ridiculous because stories are a form of escapism from reality. I would suggest that this whole board is a form of escapism from reality. I doubt most of the guys who act like assholes here have the same type of behavior in public, or else they would basically be shunned by society. Does that mean we question the sincerity of their actions?
I'm not explaining "this board" to you, but solely the fact that this fetish has been a cockfest for as long as I remember and that plenty of people have pretended to be the opposite sex. I don't mind it, but if someone comes here looking for, say, finding a like-kinked partner, I can understand them being a bit nonplussed about that. With the very low number of females (and especially straight XX females) in circles of this fetish online over the years - with simultaneous significant numbers of those "role-players", it's really quite a novelty to see a female interested in it. So if someone DOES consider the online and offline persons a whole, so to say, they will care about this issue and tend to be skeptical. I still fail to see how this is related in any way to misogyny - it's just people having old habits (online persona = offline persona) and having a bad experience with people who - even when asked - declared themselves to be straight XX women and then turned out to be roleplayers. Imagine people coming here, starting some contact with such a person, investing some time, being serious about perhaps finding a kink-soulmate, and then being left out in the cold. Sure, it's just a bit of a waste of time so not a big thing, but even if some IS pissed off over it and skeptical - that's not misogyny.

Also, if you have been a part of this community even longer than me (so before 2000), I'm even more surprised you don't get it.
My suggestion, just my humble opinion, is that if someone tells you they're a woman you just say "okay" and move on - just like if I, as a trans woman, tell someone I'm a woman that should be enough to call me so.
Well no, it's not that simple, and this is something that movements that claim to represent people like you fail to understand or deliberately downplay. MInd you, if it was that simple, why is it enough to call yourself a woman to be a woman, while suddenly it's no longer that simple when it comes to, say, race? Perhaps you already know this issue: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/us/r ... -show.html

Also, these same movements very often have the attitude that you either have to agree with EVERYTHING they postulate or you become the opponnet, near equal to KKK or hardcore-conservative-Trump-worshippers. You can be all into the equality agenda, but if you are sort of on the fence between the pro-life and pro-choice thing, you're a bigot. You can be all into the equality agenda, but have doubts about whether someone's word is enough to take their identity as granted - especially considering that such issues as sex and race are often important from legal standpoint - and you're a bigot. Express doubt whether the transgender issues are fully compatible with feminist issues - bigot. Seriously, how's that different from when WASPs called a whole lot of people satanists, commies, and whatnot? To me the main difference for now is only that LGBTQ+ are still a minority without proper teeth, while white hardcore conservatives used to be toothed enough and still are to a good extent. So - why should I trust the LGBTQ+ crowd to suddenly gain moderation once they get some teeth if they seem to apply a very similar approach?

It's like artibus says to a great extent, bullying is bad, no matter who does it. And knowing human nature, I'm not sure why the currently oppressed people would be immune to becoming bullies. Maybe less prone to it, sure, having some more empathy as the currently oppressed, but that's it. Which is why people like him and me are not happily clapping to everything that the representatives of the oppressed now come up with. We get their pain, we don't want them to experience it, but we also know they have a potential to be assholes if left unchecked. Because they are human too, and humans are prone to being assholes if they get too much power. And we (I assume artibus agrees, if not, swap all those "we-s" for "I-s") want some balance, not just a swinging pendulum.
dude_girl
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 15:10
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by dude_girl »

scissortooth wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 19:29
I'm not explaining "this board" to you, but solely the fact that this fetish has been a cockfest for as long as I remember and that plenty of people have pretended to be the opposite sex. I don't mind it, but if someone comes here looking for, say, finding a like-kinked partner, I can understand them being a bit nonplussed about that. With the very low number of females (and especially straight XX females) in circles of this fetish online over the years - with simultaneous significant numbers of those "role-players", it's really quite a novelty to see a female interested in it. So if someone DOES consider the online and offline persons a whole, so to say, they will care about this issue and tend to be skeptical. I still fail to see how this is related in any way to misogyny - it's just people having old habits (online persona = offline persona) and having a bad experience with people who - even when asked - declared themselves to be straight XX women and then turned out to be roleplayers. Imagine people coming here, starting some contact with such a person, investing some time, being serious about perhaps finding a kink-soulmate, and then being left out in the cold. Sure, it's just a bit of a waste of time so not a big thing, but even if some IS pissed off over it and skeptical - that's not misogyny.

Also, if you have been a part of this community even longer than me (so before 2000), I'm even more surprised you don't get it.

Well no, it's not that simple, and this is something that movements that claim to represent people like you fail to understand or deliberately downplay. MInd you, if it was that simple, why is it enough to call yourself a woman to be a woman, while suddenly it's no longer that simple when it comes to, say, race? Perhaps you already know this issue: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/us/r ... -show.html

Also, these same movements very often have the attitude that you either have to agree with EVERYTHING they postulate or you become the opponnet, near equal to KKK or hardcore-conservative-Trump-worshippers. You can be all into the equality agenda, but if you are sort of on the fence between the pro-life and pro-choice thing, you're a bigot. You can be all into the equality agenda, but have doubts about whether someone's word is enough to take their identity as granted - especially considering that such issues as sex and race are often important from legal standpoint - and you're a bigot. Express doubt whether the transgender issues are fully compatible with feminist issues - bigot. Seriously, how's that different from when WASPs called a whole lot of people satanists, commies, and whatnot? To me the main difference for now is only that LGBTQ+ are still a minority without proper teeth, while white hardcore conservatives used to be toothed enough and still are to a good extent. So - why should I trust the LGBTQ+ crowd to suddenly gain moderation once they get some teeth if they seem to apply a very similar approach?

It's like artibus says to a great extent, bullying is bad, no matter who does it. And knowing human nature, I'm not sure why the currently oppressed people would be immune to becoming bullies. Maybe less prone to it, sure, having some more empathy as the currently oppressed, but that's it. Which is why people like him and me are not happily clapping to everything that the representatives of the oppressed now come up with. We get their pain, we don't want them to experience it, but we also know they have a potential to be assholes if left unchecked. Because they are human too, and humans are prone to being assholes if they get too much power. And we (I assume artibus agrees, if not, swap all those "we-s" for "I-s") want some balance, not just a swinging pendulum.
Alright, as it's quite plainly obvious to me now... You guys are clueless when it comes to LGBTQ+ stuff, which is fine because I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. First, please don't compare race to gender... It's like comparing apples to skittles. Race is an actual thing, a person is African-American because their ancestors were brought over here from Africa. A women is a social construct, you're confusing sex and gender which happens all the time. When you're asked to describe a woman is the first thing you'll say "XX chromosome"? Probably not. You'll instead talk about long hair... or makeup... or dresses. This would also be different in other cultures because societal views about what women are vary... not their sex (believe me, trans people are well aware how rigid sex is). (http://bostonreview.net/race-philosophy ... nt-compare)

I don't know where you're getting this idea that people have to agree about everything or they become an opponent. The first major discussion in this post was around the fact that I don't think all speech should be free. There are very few people who would agree with that - even people on the left that I would align myself with. When it comes to TERFs there is a bigoted quality to their argument. These are women who don't want trans people in women's spaces, but trans women are put into danger if you force them into men's spaces - all this talk about potential assault should actually be reversed, trans people are far more likely to be assaulted in these spaces than do the assaulting. It's not any different when WASPs make those types of accusations, any action a person takes that is directed at a group and is mainly out of fear and anger is bigoted. It's like that when people on the left throw around the nazi title to people who don't have those beliefs, and it's like that when people on the right label everyone a communist (which I, as a communist, take great offense to).

Also, your argument about LGBTQ+ people trying to take over is ridiculous and a gross overstatement of what we're asking for. We don't want the loudest voice, we just want to have a voice that can be heard. I don't remember myself or any other member of the LGBTQ+ community who posts here saying that we want this place to be the gayest page on the internet (although I am gay, so that would kinda be nice), all we can't even have our own threads without it getting taken over by people saying some truly horrible things to us (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=43503). It seems you're trying to have it both ways, that LGBTQ+ shouldn't have to experience the pain and oppression we constantly deal with but that they should just shut up about it 'cause you're sick of hearing it. Trust me, I'm quite sick of people telling me I'm "mentally ill", and I would be much happier if I didn't get called "it" but I have to deal with it. And when I do deal with it I never come at it from anger, but from compassion. I genuinely think that the more people understood about the LGBTQ+ community the less they would attack its members.

At the end of the day I can do very little to change how you feel about my community, unfortunately shifting one's political ideology is virtually impossible, but I will still always reach out to offer my hand to people who are acting out of a lack of knowledge. My position has always been a more informed public is a more understanding one as well.
User avatar
Jackie Treehorn
Posts: 424
Joined: 20 Feb 2016, 14:37
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by Jackie Treehorn »

Some of you guys must be a real blast at parties.
User avatar
bangs-cutter
Posts: 6518
Joined: 12 Oct 2011, 04:50
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by bangs-cutter »

Jackie Treehorn wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 21:40
Some of you guys must be a real blast at parties.
Sometimes people's online personalities are very different from real life.

Anonymity emboldens people to do and say things they wouldn't dare in real life.

A keyboard warrior may be a roaring lion online, but a timid mouse in real life. :lol:
scissortooth
Posts: 1365
Joined: 07 Feb 2016, 23:07
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by scissortooth »

dude_girl wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 21:31
Alright, as it's quite plainly obvious to me now... You guys are clueless when it comes to LGBTQ+ stuff, which is fine because I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. First, please don't compare race to gender... It's like comparing apples to skittles. Race is an actual thing, a person is African-American because their ancestors were brought over here from Africa. A women is a social construct, you're confusing sex and gender which happens all the time. When you're asked to describe a woman is the first thing you'll say "XX chromosome"? Probably not. You'll instead talk about long hair... or makeup... or dresses. This would also be different in other cultures because societal views about what women are vary... not their sex (believe me, trans people are well aware how rigid sex is). (http://bostonreview.net/race-philosophy ... nt-compare)
Race is an actual thing and gender is a social construct? Ok, so now tell me, at which % of whiteness in your genes you stop being considered a person of colour? Would the whole problem with that woman in the article disappear, if it turned out her great-grand(mo/fa)ther was 25% black? Or would it have to be her grand(mo/fa)ther or (mo/fa)ther?

Also, you are aware of the fact that the tone you have now taken is basically what I would call trans-plaining? You tell me a dogma of yours and expect me to just take it - race is real, gender is a construct. Well, nope, race is a construct too, especially nowadays, because it's the society who decides who is coloured enough or white enough to be in that or another race. Also, who told you everyone wants to apply the gender divisions rather than plain ol' simple sex divisions? Why can't we just have guys with dicks, chicks with boobs and pussies, guys with boobs and pussies, chicks with dicks, guys and chicks with mix of the above? Because then it's simple - XY and XX, and beyond that you just go have fun with who you want and however they are equipped. Sure, I know it comes from cultures where they have - say - three genders or more, but at the end of the day they are all divided in terms who can theoretically get who pregnant, provided that all body parts are functioning as intended.
I don't know where you're getting this idea that people have to agree about everything or they become an opponent.
Uh, tens of Facebook comment-discussions under media articles? All in all, I expected lefties to be less tribal than righties, but I now stand corrected. The main difference is that the right tribe throws more direct insults and call you a commie or commie-nazi, while the left tribe takes the moral high ground and calls you a nazi, a fascist, a moron or a religious fanatic. All in all, I'd still prefer these lefties to rule over me rather than righties, but I really got surprised at how similar both groups can be.
The first major discussion in this post was around the fact that I don't think all speech should be free. There are very few people who would agree with that - even people on the left that I would align myself with. When it comes to TERFs there is a bigoted quality to their argument. These are women who don't want trans people in women's spaces, but trans women are put into danger if you force them into men's spaces - all this talk about potential assault should actually be reversed, trans people are far more likely to be assaulted in these spaces than do the assaulting. It's not any different when WASPs make those types of accusations, any action a person takes that is directed at a group and is mainly out of fear and anger is bigoted. It's like that when people on the left throw around the nazi title to people who don't have those beliefs, and it's like that when people on the right label everyone a communist (which I, as a communist, take great offense to).
I was not referring to TERFs specifically, as that name sounds a bit on the extreme end, but there seems to be a bit of feminist middle-grounders (and even more from outside of that circle) who see certain hazards in the matter of gender being purely declarative. And it's not due to the fear of trans-people assaulting anyone (though I suppose some people might have such concerns too) but "normies" with bad intent taking advantage of that declarative character. I live in a country where people get VERY creative with how to use loopholes or grey areas in the law (thanks to years of trying to dupe unwanted lieges, occupants, etc.) so perhaps I have a bit more wary attention to that matter, but I do think with any kind of rule you want to set up, you must realize there will be people wanting to abuse it. Sure, it is never possible to exclude fully the risk of that, but it should be limited enough.
Also, your argument about LGBTQ+ people trying to take over is ridiculous and a gross overstatement of what we're asking for. We don't want the loudest voice, we just want to have a voice that can be heard. I don't remember myself or any other member of the LGBTQ+ community who posts here saying that we want this place to be the gayest page on the internet (although I am gay, so that would kinda be nice), all we can't even have our own threads without it getting taken over by people saying some truly horrible things to us (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=43503). It seems you're trying to have it both ways, that LGBTQ+ shouldn't have to experience the pain and oppression we constantly deal with but that they should just shut up about it 'cause you're sick of hearing it. Trust me, I'm quite sick of people telling me I'm "mentally ill", and I would be much happier if I didn't get called "it" but I have to deal with it. And when I do deal with it I never come at it from anger, but from compassion. I genuinely think that the more people understood about the LGBTQ+ community the less they would attack its members.
Firstly - I never said LGBTQ+ people are "trying to take over". What I mean that you peeps are not homogenous and also just people like everyone else - and history proves people can sometimes go a bit too far with their ideas. Meanwhile, you sound like you're claiming there is a sort of united "you" who all want the same thing. That's a fallacy that I'm surprised you share, considering it tends to run more among the more right-wing patriotic crowds. That's one thing. Another thing is that I'm not talking from a POV of some dumb paleorightie who thinks guys/gals like you will take over the world and start burning good ol' white Christians on the stake or send them to concentration camps. I'm just saying that each movement that wants to make big changes in how people think and how society works is at risk of trying to overdo things or do them carelessly. It varies. The feminist movement actually managed to stay within the rails of sensibility, although in the current "Me Too" atmosphere it also sometimes tries going too far, demanding people be judged and convicted on the basis of what is only allegations. I understand it when some bastard rapes a gal (and there is evidence) and then his old victims chime in to bury him deeper. Good riddance. But while I do believe many of these allegations to be true, it would be a dangerous precedent if people were convicted on the basis of allegations only, even if multiple. While the current actions are unlikely to be orchestrated, some future ones may be. I support changes in law that would make the matter of consent clearer (even up to the point of people "registering" intercourse in some way - maybe it'd take away some of the romanticism, but I suppose it might be worth it in the end), but I am against basically legalising witchhunting. On the other end of the spectrum you have, say, Russian communists at the beginning of the 20th century and the Chinese ones a bit later. Feed the people, more equality, and what not. And sure, here and there it brought about better education for the masses, more equality between men and women, but there were also atrocities. That, of course, is the extreme end of the spectrum, but it just serves to indicate that sometimes bad things may happen out of good intentions. As for the LGBTQ+ crowd, my own worries do not go beyond the issues similar in magnitude to those potential witchfinding "Me Too" problems. Like, I don't expect any of you to start organising hangings or public executions :D.
At the end of the day I can do very little to change how you feel about my community, unfortunately shifting one's political ideology is virtually impossible, but I will still always reach out to offer my hand to people who are acting out of a lack of knowledge. My position has always been a more informed public is a more understanding one as well.
You keep making wrong assumptions. I don't have bad feelings regarding your community per se, but since your movement is getting a bit politicised, that is the field that gives me a tiny bit of concern. Not even close to what right-wing movements give me, but I am not a tribal guy and disliking one tribe does not make me like the opposite one more. I actually sympathise with people like you, especially in my country, where some politicians feel the need to underline that some places are "LGBT ideology free zones". Some of them claim that this is only about that "political" aspect I was referring to, but even if they are honest in it, their followers tend to extend that on actual people. Especially since some of those politicians do not even pretend that's basically poorly disguised bigotry. That's basically an issue for a whole separate thread but let's leave it at that.

The thing is, I'm not against "your people", I'm just cautious about where you authority figures want to take you. And whether they exercise caution in the extent and pace of changes they want to happen. Meaning well does not always lead to good things, especially in politics.

To be clear - I'm definitely for anything that makes people like you avoid violence, abuse and direct discrimination. But I am wary of introducing societal changes that would most likely make your life easier, but at the same time cause a lot of indirect consequences the outcomes of which are hard to predict, as well as resistance from the majority of people. Because this might actually make your situation worse due to social rebound. Such things (that would make your life easier) should be done, of course, but cautiously. Protection of life and health - this should be done quick. But issues related to, say, mental comfort - that should be done slowly and considerately. Conservatively, you might say. That is my standpoint, anyway.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by artibus »

Jackie Treehorn wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 21:40
Some of you guys must be a real blast at parties.
Does that include everyone who has posted in this thread?
Pass the bean dip, and could ya grab me another beer?
User avatar
Jackie Treehorn
Posts: 424
Joined: 20 Feb 2016, 14:37
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by Jackie Treehorn »

artibus wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 14:40
Jackie Treehorn wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 21:40
Some of you guys must be a real blast at parties.
Does that include everyone who has posted in this thread?
Pass the bean dip, and could ya grab me another beer?
I'm the guy wearing the lampshade. wakka wakka
User avatar
tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1377
Joined: 05 Jul 2005, 22:59
Location: Somewhere in Italy
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by tat00x »

mj.gif
mj.gif (230.6 KiB) Viewed 573 times
creamybaldgirls
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 Dec 2020, 22:10
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by creamybaldgirls »

tat00x wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 08:05
What I complained about are the numerous and continuous post reports and PMs I receive in background from you all attacking each other and trying to get the others banned.
To be fair, you did threaten to start "clicking the ban botton", so it likely encouraged some members to bait others/message you to make that happen.

That being said, I'm here for hair and head shaves...not someone's real life insecurities or virtue signaling. Feels as out of place here as it would on Pornhub. Imagine wanking yourself and telling others they shouldn't enjoy a girl tearing up whilst getting shaved. Unless virtue signaling is a sub-fetish?
User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1280
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by ~svenhair »

I would like to officially announce my coming out on these boards as a woman. That’s right a hetero-sexual woman. I figured if there’s such a few here, I may as well add to the fun fantasy. Pronouns, it’s now miss, her, she when you address me now or I’m going to get seriously pissed and show some fem ‘tude in my posts.
So Hello boys, care to cyber🤪 Ladies, show me to the shower room, Why yes, this is my waterproof camera.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by artibus »

~svenhair wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 21:17
I would like to officially announce my coming out on these boards as a woman. That’s right a hetero-sexual woman. I figured if there’s such a few here, I may as well add to the fun fantasy. Pronouns, it’s now miss, her, she when you address me now or I’m going to get seriously pissed and show some fem ‘tude in my posts.
So Hello boys, care to cyber🤪 Ladies, show me to the shower room, Why yes, this is my waterproof camera.
Well...........meet artibus the lounge lizard.

"Hi there sexy" Buy you a drink? 8) 8) 8) :lol:
Post Reply