When trolls meet in real life

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
User avatar
bangs-cutter
Posts: 6518
Joined: 12 Oct 2011, 04:50
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 111 times

When trolls meet in real life

Post by bangs-cutter »

When trolls meet in real life. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/bbccomedy/videos/415588806526689/

On a more serious note, there are a handful of users in this forum who deliberately write inflammatory content just to tick people off. Trolls get satisfaction by triggering people and getting response.

Unfortunately, the moderation in this forum is very lenient, and these trolls know how to annoy without going too far to incur the wrath of moderators getting themselves banned.

They will just come back again under a new account when you ban them anyway. So the best course of action is to just ignore them. Don't feed trolls. They want you to react to them. If you respond, you are just playing into their game.
User avatar
Tizona
Posts: 2212
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 22:30
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by Tizona »

The older I get and the more trolls I encounter, the more I actually understand people like Vlad the Impaler.

I do also have a soft spot for the guillotine, which in retrospect was just a wonderful invention.
בלש פגום
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by SuperStylist »

From what I can tell there are a number of people here who share some pretty outdated ideas and cry when others call them out on their antisocial behavior. I like to call them conservative snowflakes. Thin skinned bullies screaming about free speech and censorship while trying to suppress anyone who doesn’t agree with them, reveling in their privilege by punching downwards.

Are they the trolls you are complaining about? Or are you referring to the anyone here that calls out this bullshit?
dude_girl
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 15:10
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by dude_girl »

SuperStylist wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 18:18
From what I can tell there are a number of people here who share some pretty outdated ideas and cry when others call them out on their antisocial behavior. I like to call them conservative snowflakes. Thin skinned bullies screaming about free speech and censorship while trying to suppress anyone who doesn’t agree with them, reveling in their privilege by punching downwards.

Are they the trolls you are complaining about? Or are you referring to the anyone here that calls out this bullshit?
Ohmygod yes! I hate the whole "just a joke" anti-PC thing. If you say something and someone tells you how it hurt them and you're response doesn't acknowledge the feelings of that other person that's not PC... You're just an asshole!
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by SuperStylist »

dude_girl wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 22:21
SuperStylist wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 18:18
From what I can tell there are a number of people here who share some pretty outdated ideas and cry when others call them out on their antisocial behavior. I like to call them conservative snowflakes. Thin skinned bullies screaming about free speech and censorship while trying to suppress anyone who doesn’t agree with them, reveling in their privilege by punching downwards.

Are they the trolls you are complaining about? Or are you referring to the anyone here that calls out this bullshit?
Ohmygod yes! I hate the whole "just a joke" anti-PC thing. If you say something and someone tells you how it hurt them and you're response doesn't acknowledge the feelings of that other person that's not PC... You're just an asshole!
I completely agree. I expect you’ve seen the “fuck your feeling” t-shirts that trump supporters wear. It’s so unbelievably childish to me. Especially as they seem to take literally any form of challenge or criticism personally. It’s so ironic.
User avatar
fastmandan88
Posts: 4165
Joined: 07 Nov 2013, 11:29
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by fastmandan88 »

LMAO...the echo chamber that people meme about regarding the usual crowd on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram is proven in this post.

You know what is even more childish? "Punch a Nazi" t-shirts and then calling anybody who disagrees with them a "Nazi", so that makes it okay for people to punch whomever they feel like. Btw, I hate Hitler and disavow National Socialism. So don't boomerang that on me.

Image
dude_girl
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 15:10
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by dude_girl »

^^^ Enter the troll... Just a thought, if you have to clarify at the end of your post that you disavow Nazis you probably shouldn't have commented.

The fact is that people like you can't wrap your heads around the fact that as society changes social norms do as well. We're in a time now where minority groups (African Americans, Hispanics, LGBTQ+, etc.) have gained some societal power, and we're so done with the punching down that has been the norm for so long. If you as an individual can't cope with how the society around you has changed it's not on everyone else to change their thinking, it's on YOU to adapt how you interact with that society.
scissortooth
Posts: 1365
Joined: 07 Feb 2016, 23:07
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by scissortooth »

Way to go SuperStylist, you needed only one post to turn a seemingly innocent thread into a shitstorm :D.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by artibus »

scissortooth wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 11:48
Way to go SuperStylist, you needed only one post to turn a seemingly innocent thread into a shitstorm :D.
Agreed.
People can save their time and energy and simply go to this thread, although i was hoping it had settled down.
'viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45602

Same cast of characters saying basically the same thing.
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by SuperStylist »

scissortooth wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 11:48
Way to go SuperStylist, you needed only one post to turn a seemingly innocent thread into a shitstorm :D.
Exactly my point, it shouldn’t be this way. There must be many places online where people can revel in their hatred, I’m not sure what the point of voicing those opinions here is? It seems like there are a few very offensive individuals and a couple of people calling them out. That seems to be the entire extent of the issue. It’s just stupid really.

I think a lot of normal middle-of-the-road people like me are sick of seeing bs comments from assholes online in general. I appreciate that these are hard times and everyone has their own way of coping but if the way you make yourself feel better is by putting other people down then don’t be surprised when you get called on it.
User avatar
Tizona
Posts: 2212
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 22:30
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by Tizona »

SuperStylist wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 18:01
I think a lot of normal middle-of-the-road people like me are sick of seeing bs comments from assholes online in general. I appreciate that these are hard times and everyone has their own way of coping but if the way you make yourself feel better is by putting other people down then don’t be surprised when you get called on it.
Fair enough...
SuperStylist wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:56
No wonder we’re all f***d. These stupid c**** think you can only get covid from strangers and people who have symptoms.
SuperStylist wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 17:28
This walking argument for pro-abortion in Poland should look up what the phrase butthurt means. :lol: Right after he’s educated himself on covid transmission and the US state board licensing system.
SuperStylist wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 17:46
You are a cunt. Trump lost now f**k off.
בלש פגום
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by SuperStylist »

Hahaha, I love how you searched through my posts and presented some of my best gems of wisdom. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are clearly a self-hating trans woman who has been cat fishing the online fetish circuit for years. I would encourage you to seek some help, reach out into the trans community and try to find some self love.
dude_girl
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 15:10
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by dude_girl »

SuperStylist wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 19:07
Hahaha, I love how you searched through my posts and presented some of my best gems of wisdom. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are clearly a self-hating trans woman who has been cat fishing the online fetish circuit for years. I would encourage you to seek some help, reach out into the trans community and try to find some self love.
Wait... You mean there are trans girls out there who aren't self-hating? :shock:

I think the biggest problem when it comes to this is the power dynamics. It's the punching down at groups with a lower social status, some random white dude is less likely to be impacted by being called an "asshole" than a trans person when they get called "mentally ill" - if anything some guys enjoy being called an asshole.

I don't agree with the language - I really can't stand the c-word - but persecuted groups are starting to punch back. I know for me that goal is to get to the point where we don't need to punch back, and there's still work needed to get there.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by artibus »

dude_girl wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 08:55
^^^ Enter the troll... Just a thought, if you have to clarify at the end of your post that you disavow Nazis you probably shouldn't have commented.

The fact is that people like you can't wrap your heads around the fact that as society changes social norms do as well. We're in a time now where minority groups (African Americans, Hispanics, LGBTQ+, etc.) have gained some societal power, and we're so done with the punching down that has been the norm for so long. If you as an individual can't cope with how the society around you has changed it's not on everyone else to change their thinking, it's on YOU to adapt how you interact with that society.
I STRONGLY disavow Nazism. The fact that the accusation of "Nazi" is thrown about with such abandon troubles me...because if used without real basis or thought, it weakens how horrible it was/is.
I applaud the advances made by every group you mention. "Love one another" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" work for me.
Having said that, I strongly oppose the "SILENCE=VIOLENCE" narrative. The gaining of societal power and hope for future advances towards a better life for minorities won't gain any ground when people are accosted and assaulted for nothing more than not standing up and giving a BLM salute while trying to eat dinner. That in itself screams of the "punching down" (literally at times) that you speak of in your posts. I will not tolerate bullying or violence towards anyone whether the victim be anyone in the minority groups you mentioned, or someone who is white and Christian.
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by SuperStylist »

I agree with you dude_girl. For what it's worth, I realize that having a right to free speech isn't a license to be insensitive. Apologies for any offense caused. I will go back and edit my language as I respect your feelings. Anyone who quoted me, it's on them.
SuperStylist
Posts: 153
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 18:38
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by SuperStylist »

artibus wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 21:53
dude_girl wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 08:55
^^^ Enter the troll... Just a thought, if you have to clarify at the end of your post that you disavow Nazis you probably shouldn't have commented.

The fact is that people like you can't wrap your heads around the fact that as society changes social norms do as well. We're in a time now where minority groups (African Americans, Hispanics, LGBTQ+, etc.) have gained some societal power, and we're so done with the punching down that has been the norm for so long. If you as an individual can't cope with how the society around you has changed it's not on everyone else to change their thinking, it's on YOU to adapt how you interact with that society.
I STRONGLY disavow Nazism. The fact that the accusation of "Nazi" is thrown about with such abandon troubles me...because if used without real basis or thought, it weakens how horrible it was/is.
I applaud the advances made by every group you mention. "Love one another" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" work for me.
Having said that, I strongly oppose the "SILENCE=VIOLENCE" narrative. The gaining of societal power and hope for future advances towards a better life for minorities won't gain any ground when people are accosted and assaulted for nothing more than not standing up and giving a BLM salute while trying to eat dinner. That in itself screams of the "punching down" (literally at times) that you speak of in your posts. I will not tolerate bullying or violence towards anyone whether the victim be anyone in the minority groups you mentioned, or someone who is white and Christian.
I don't think anyone expects you to stand up and make a black power salute while eating dinner and I definitely don't think you should be beaten for refusing to do so. However, this flexibility of ideology should also be applied to all sections of society. As this is hair forum, a great example is black hairstyles being banned in certain schools and workplaces. I think what most people are saying here is that we should all be granted our constitutional freedoms and protections. Unfortunately that isn't case right now. I'm white, so I don't pretend to understand POC experiences, but I do know that rights are not like pie, granting someone else their rights doesn't diminish ours.

I'm not trolling you at all, if you feel differently that's your right, I just wanted to respond to see if we can find some common ground.
User avatar
Tizona
Posts: 2212
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 22:30
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by Tizona »

dude_girl wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 21:25
Wait... You mean there are trans girls out there who aren't self-hating? :shock:

I think the biggest problem when it comes to this is the power dynamics. It's the punching down at groups with a lower social status, some random white dude is less likely to be impacted by being called an "asshole" than a trans person when they get called "mentally ill" - if anything some guys enjoy being called an asshole.

I don't agree with the language - I really can't stand the c-word - but persecuted groups are starting to punch back. I know for me that goal is to get to the point where we don't need to punch back, and there's still work needed to get there.
Just to clear up any confusion, dude_girl - I'm lesbian, perfectly comfortable in my own skin and get on famously with the trans community. Never had the desire to catfish, personally, but I will sometimes Skype the occasional cyberpunk when the mood takes me (preferably those of the London persuasion). All the other hair fetishists can rest safely in their beds at night. :wink:
בלש פגום
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1383
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by artibus »

SuperStylist wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 22:15
artibus wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 21:53
dude_girl wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 08:55
^^^ Enter the troll... Just a thought, if you have to clarify at the end of your post that you disavow Nazis you probably shouldn't have commented.

The fact is that people like you can't wrap your heads around the fact that as society changes social norms do as well. We're in a time now where minority groups (African Americans, Hispanics, LGBTQ+, etc.) have gained some societal power, and we're so done with the punching down that has been the norm for so long. If you as an individual can't cope with how the society around you has changed it's not on everyone else to change their thinking, it's on YOU to adapt how you interact with that society.
I STRONGLY disavow Nazism. The fact that the accusation of "Nazi" is thrown about with such abandon troubles me...because if used without real basis or thought, it weakens how horrible it was/is.
I applaud the advances made by every group you mention. "Love one another" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" work for me.
Having said that, I strongly oppose the "SILENCE=VIOLENCE" narrative. The gaining of societal power and hope for future advances towards a better life for minorities won't gain any ground when people are accosted and assaulted for nothing more than not standing up and giving a BLM salute while trying to eat dinner. That in itself screams of the "punching down" (literally at times) that you speak of in your posts. I will not tolerate bullying or violence towards anyone whether the victim be anyone in the minority groups you mentioned, or someone who is white and Christian.
I don't think anyone expects you to stand up and make a black power salute while eating dinner and I definitely don't think you should be beaten for refusing to do so. However, this flexibility of ideology should also be applied to all sections of society. As this is hair forum, a great example is black hairstyles being banned in certain schools and workplaces. I think what most people are saying here is that we should all be granted our constitutional freedoms and protections. Unfortunately that isn't case right now. I'm white, so I don't pretend to understand POC experiences, but I do know that rights are not like pie, granting someone else their rights doesn't diminish ours.

I'm not trolling you at all, if you feel differently that's your right, I just wanted to respond to see if we can find some common ground.
Constitutional freedoms and protections do not grant permission for anyone or any group to violate another persons right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. My ideology is not flexible...I treat people the way I want to be treated. Simple as that.
Any group of people confronting and demanding a salute or allegiance with the threat of violence against innocents are wrong, and if anyone confronts me, or anyone in front of me, and tries that...one (or some) of us are getting an ass whipping. That applies to BLM, KKK, Antifa, White Supremacists, etc. I'm not choosy.
I don't know why any particular hairstyle would be banned anywhere, if not for safety concerns. Those concerns, however, would encompass all hair types, not just a particular ethnicity. Any other reason...I'd be against the banning, as that is just foolish, and wrong.

Common ground means mutual respect for all and the ability to live in peace, IMO.
For those who can't grasp that, common ground means leave me alone and I'll reciprocate in kind.
dude_girl
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 15:10
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by dude_girl »

Tizona wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 22:20
Just to clear up any confusion, dude_girl - I'm lesbian, perfectly comfortable in my own skin and get on famously with the trans community. Never had the desire to catfish, personally, but I will sometimes Skype the occasional cyberpunk when the mood takes me (preferably those of the London persuasion). All the other hair fetishists can rest safely in their beds at night. :wink:
No confusion, I was joking about the existence of non self-loathing trans girls because I myself am a self-loathing trans girl. :lol:
SuperStylist wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 21:56
I agree with you dude_girl. For what it's worth, I realize that having a right to free speech isn't a license to be insensitive. Apologies for any offense caused. I will go back and edit my language as I respect your feelings. Anyone who quoted me, it's on them.
I appreciate that. :D
User avatar
Jackie Treehorn
Posts: 424
Joined: 20 Feb 2016, 14:37
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: When trolls meet in real life

Post by Jackie Treehorn »

Actually having free speech is a license to be insensitive. That's what the "free" part means. It's a license to be insensitive. It's a license to be sensitive. It's both a license to be a jerk and a license to be compassionate. Being an asshole isn't a crime. When it becomes one we'll have to build concentration camps again. Free speech.. and dealing with things that we don't like or that make us uncomfortable sometimes, are in my opinion infinitely preferable.
Post Reply