Coronavirus Thread

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
User avatar
tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1336
Joined: 05 Jul 2005, 22:59
Location: Somewhere in Italy
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by tat00x » 26 Apr 2020, 06:52

fastmandan88 wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 19:48
They told Italian senior citizens to go die rather than treat them.
Completely false.

User avatar
fastmandan88
Posts: 3892
Joined: 07 Nov 2013, 11:29
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by fastmandan88 » 26 Apr 2020, 07:14

So was this a fake news article? If so, thanks for correcting me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ronavirus/

Also for Spaniards here was the below a fake news article too?

https://www.libertaddigital.com/espana/ ... 276655114/

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6254
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 26 Apr 2020, 08:18

fastmandan88 wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 19:48
Pretty easy to pity the USA when it is completely transparent with their infected and death statistics.

Last time I checked the USA hasn't denied ventilators and treatment to people. In Europe they are rationing the healthcare as expected. They told Italian senior citizens to go die rather than treat them.

What happened to those "lack of ventilators crisis" and "lack of hospital beds crisis"? Did people just have amnesia over that after their alarmism and models completely failed? 5 million tests have been done in the USA. That is more than the rest of the world COMBINED.

Why is it that Cuomo asked for 40,000 ventilators and asked for all those emergency military hospitals and then now they are closing down all those military hospitals and Cuomo only needed 10,000 ventilators? He is giving his ventilators to other states.

Everybody really trusts the China numbers? 3,000 dead and 80,000 infected and then they stopped giving us updates in early February? Did China find the miracle cure or something?
Lets break it down:

"What happened to those "lack of ventilators crisis" and "lack of hospital beds crisis"?"

Called going on lockdown, hence less need for them. If we didn't we would have had a problem. Lets see what happens with the numbers in the states that open back up early. What do you think will happen?

"Why is it that Cuomo asked for 40,000 ventilators and asked for all those emergency military hospitals and then now they are closing down all those military hospitals and Cuomo only needed 10,000 ventilators?"

Once again, lockdown and social distancing helps. If you understood statistics you'd know they use stats that they have and base the number on there. Due to the fact they were still on the upward swing and it was early on, they didn't know how bad it got, it was impossible to know an exact number so he wanted to be cautious and protect his citizens, which is exactly what he should do. Furthermore I am 99.99% sure, he used Trumps teams statistics so if you want to give anyone shit, it wouldn't bee Cuomo ;)

No one really trusts Chinas numbers but we aren't about to get the real ones so we have to figure it out on our own.

User avatar
tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1336
Joined: 05 Jul 2005, 22:59
Location: Somewhere in Italy
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by tat00x » 26 Apr 2020, 08:28

fastmandan88 wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 07:14
So was this a fake news article? If so, thanks for correcting me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ronavirus/

Also for Spaniards here was the below a fake news article too?

https://www.libertaddigital.com/espana/ ... 276655114/
I'm Italian and live in Italy so I know what I'm talking about.
The article just refers to the worst possible scenario, not something that actually happened.

User avatar
fastmandan88
Posts: 3892
Joined: 07 Nov 2013, 11:29
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by fastmandan88 » 26 Apr 2020, 09:04

I can see what you are talking about by how the lockdown helped out a lot (you convinced me and I think it is great that the initial predictions were wrong), but Cuomo pulled the 40,000 ventilators number out of his ass. Even Dr. Fauci said Cuomo's request was bizarre and they would not need that many.

Cuomo didn't get that 40K number from the feds at all.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6254
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 26 Apr 2020, 10:10

fastmandan88 wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 09:04
I can see what you are talking about by how the lockdown helped out a lot (you convinced me and I think it is great that the initial predictions were wrong), but Cuomo pulled the 40,000 ventilators number out of his ass. Even Dr. Fauci said Cuomo's request was bizarre and they would not need that many.

Cuomo didn't get that 40K number from the feds at all.
Dont have time to watch it all but you might want to watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelaVkZRpeY

He flat out says it was Trumps projections if I recall but have to go back and listen to it as I need to get some sleep.

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 26 Apr 2020, 11:44

In 2015 the NY State Commissioner of Health defined ventilation needs for a severe pandemic and cited the need for creating a stockpile to address a shortfall of 15,000 ventilators.

They were never purchased. When the virus scare began, the state seems to have just doubled the number to 30,000.

NY certainly could have prepared for this better, but the report was never taken seriously by their governors.

There are issues of states rights and there are issues if states responsibilities. NY seems to have spent its emergency preparedness (ventilator) budget on the subway instead. The subway is Cuomo’s signature project and it’s billions of dollars in the red due to mismanagement and the union stranglehold. I blame Cuomo.

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/t ... elines.pdf
Attachments
D72A6BD1-BFF7-4363-892B-141DE47ADB49.png

murphy1746
Posts: 581
Joined: 08 Feb 2016, 17:55
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by murphy1746 » 26 Apr 2020, 15:57

Welp, Went to a mobile test site yesterday. Started running a fever with loss of appetite. The local call in number said its better to be safe than sorry. There was no line and took 5 minutes will find out in 3 - 5 days. My wife now has me quarantined in my home office that we have an extra bed.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1245
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by artibus » 26 Apr 2020, 16:06

murphy1746 wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 15:57
Welp, Went to a mobile test site yesterday. Started running a fever with loss of appetite. The local call in number said its better to be safe than sorry. There was no line and took 5 minutes will find out in 3 - 5 days. My wife now has me quarantined in my home office that we have an extra bed.
Get well soon!

User avatar
fastmandan88
Posts: 3892
Joined: 07 Nov 2013, 11:29
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by fastmandan88 » 26 Apr 2020, 17:10

Well said ~svenhair.

Gotta love Cuomo's pathetic blaming of the feds for the 40K ventilators number. That guy has no shame.

Like I said Fauci and Birx thought Cuomo's 40K number was insane. It isn't just the politicians at the federal level who said that.

At least to his credit we will have tens of thousands of car company-manufactured ventilators that we are going to be exporting to Larin America, Asia, and Europe. Thank you, Cuomo, for an accidental foreign policy win.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6254
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 26 Apr 2020, 17:57

murphy1746 wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 15:57
Welp, Went to a mobile test site yesterday. Started running a fever with loss of appetite. The local call in number said its better to be safe than sorry. There was no line and took 5 minutes will find out in 3 - 5 days. My wife now has me quarantined in my home office that we have an extra bed.
get well man

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6254
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 26 Apr 2020, 17:59

fastmandan88 wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 17:10
Well said ~svenhair.

Gotta love Cuomo's pathetic blaming of the feds for the 40K ventilators number. That guy has no shame.

Like I said Fauci and Birx thought Cuomo's 40K number was insane. It isn't just the politicians at the federal level who said that.

At least to his credit we will have tens of thousands of car company-manufactured ventilators that we are going to be exporting to Larin America, Asia, and Europe. Thank you, Cuomo, for an accidental foreign policy win.
did he not base it on Feds numbers, if so, how is that his problem and why is it that him asking for extra when he was essentially the only town that had a major outbreak a bad thing. Last time I checked him being prepared and ready for the worst case scenario is a hell of a lot better then what Trump did all of Feb when he let other countries buy up all the PPE while he was hoping it would magically go away. Go talk to health care workers and see how they feel about that ;)

User avatar
fastmandan88
Posts: 3892
Joined: 07 Nov 2013, 11:29
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by fastmandan88 » 26 Apr 2020, 18:23

Cuomo did jack shit. Like svenhair said he wasted that ventilator money on the subway. 🤣😂🤣😂

And all the Dems were calling Trump racist for banning travel from China. Remember that 40K number of people who still arrived from China? They are U.S. citizens and green cardholders. You want us to deny entry to those two groups of people? At first the media said 400K people were allowed to the USA after Jan 31. It turns out the real number was 40K and these were Americans and permanent residents. And like the typical media they stealth correct the real numbers later but keep spamming on social media the false numbers.

Nancy Pelosi was in Chinatown on Feb 25 telling everyone to go out and party. Biden said it was racist to restrict travel for Chinese citizens to the USA. Now he says it was the right thing to do. Why did Nancy Pelosi not spend the past few months prior to March 2020 on funding for PPE then? That is the House's responsibility, taxing and spending. Oh right...the impeachment crap.

The Dems didn't want any lockdown orders until 3/11 due to the primaries. They waited until Biden won Super Tuesday before doing anything. Look at all those rallies and primaries the candidates held with nobody doing social distancing prior to 3/11. Criticism can't be a one-way street. For the record the Republicans did the same stupid crap as the Dems. So I won't let them off the hook either. But people have amnesia about the Dems like always.

5 million people tested in the USA. That is more than the rest of the world combined. "But we have a testing crisis." Gimme a break.

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 26 Apr 2020, 19:42

Chinese businessmen in the US started what seemed to be a rather uncoordinated buy up US PPE in early 2020, it happened in a way that no one knew what they were up to. My industrial distributors were thrilled to sell their stocks of masks and hazmat PPE by the millions to China. Now they know why this was happening. The recent facts now show that China is selling it back to us at highly inflated prices. My manufacturing trade group has 3M contacts who said that they mobilized three more machine builders to duplicate the N95 production machines but this takes time. Normally machines like this have deliveries of 22 weeks or more. Many of the key components for these machines are made in... you guessed it, China.

TB303
Posts: 1076
Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 11:09
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by TB303 » 27 Apr 2020, 01:20

Again, I live in NY and Cuomo is a sycophant. This is why I went full on tin foil hat a week or so back.

Cuomo was notified 5 years ago that NY (NYC especially, an obvious target of international threat) was not prepared for a viral outbreak. He did nothing. The actual number of ventilators needed here was under 10k. If Cuomo had heeded the warnings in 2015, he would have had 5k to spare, but then there would have been nothing to be outraged about.

This man continually makes bad policy decisions and then blames everyone but himself:
Ridiculous Cadillac Medicaid policy and taxation, blame the Federal Govt for getting rid of tax deductions the rest of the country pays for
Minimum wages upstate can't afford so they close - blame international competition
Record number of NY leaving the state (even NYC now) - blame the weather in NY

Upstate hospitals are empty and are in monetary crisis now. The ban on all 'elective surgeries' has crippled all upstate hospitals. That was a major revenue stream, not to mention good medical care. You would be surprised what NY considers 'elective surgery'. I work for a university/health care system that is the largest or second largest in Western NY. It is the largest employer in our region. All executive salaries have been cut by up to 18%, all raises have been frozen, the organization has 30-60 days cash before it dips into it's endowment and announces furloughs.

Smaller rural hospitals are discussing bankruptcy.

Cancer wards, neurology wards, emergency wards, OBGYN wards all empty because of the mandated number of beds to be open.

Meanwhile people are dying from cancer, neurological disorders (spinal/brain stem etc), internal organ failure. I'm sure NY will add these to the always growing NY 'COVID-19 deaths'.

NYC reported 3700 new COVID-19 deaths in one day a month back. NONE WERE TESTED FOR COVID-19.

Now in NY state if a person dies in a car crash, a heart attack, a homicide they are tested for COVID-19. If the test is positive it it counted as a 'COVID-19' death. NY media wants the rest of the country to report the same way to keep people scared.

There is a reason NYC in particular has numbers of COVID deaths statistically impossible with the rest of the country.

I ask again, why?

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 27 Apr 2020, 02:36

artibus wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 16:06
murphy1746 wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 15:57
Welp, Went to a mobile test site yesterday. Started running a fever with loss of appetite. The local call in number said its better to be safe than sorry. There was no line and took 5 minutes will find out in 3 - 5 days. My wife now has me quarantined in my home office that we have an extra bed.
Get well soon!
Hey Murph, any idea if how / where you got it or from whom? Hope you’re feeling better soon. Stay hydrated

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6254
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 27 Apr 2020, 06:36

~svenhair wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 19:42
Chinese businessmen in the US started what seemed to be a rather uncoordinated buy up US PPE in early 2020, it happened in a way that no one knew what they were up to. My industrial distributors were thrilled to sell their stocks of masks and hazmat PPE by the millions to China. Now they know why this was happening. The recent facts now show that China is selling it back to us at highly inflated prices. My manufacturing trade group has 3M contacts who said that they mobilized three more machine builders to duplicate the N95 production machines but this takes time. Normally machines like this have deliveries of 22 weeks or more. Many of the key components for these machines are made in... you guessed it, China.
Thats not true, there was plenty available in Feb. I know this because I am involved in mfg and now roommate is working with two people doing test kits. There is one that will be announced soon that can tell you in 15 minutes but they can only mfg 125k per week due to lack of facilities. The reason it pisses me off besides the fact my friends who work in medical facility don't have what they should, we also as states paid $5-7 per N95 mask when we should have got them at $.70. Trump didnt start ordering stuff until March (forget exact date but mid march I believe) and I was preparing in Mid Feb for this. I get you are a Trump fan and we all can vote the way we want as we have different values and opinions on what should be done but even you have to admit waiting until mid March was a colossal fuck up when he knew about this in January.

Democrats had plenty of fuck ups too but the ones that really upset me is Trump and Fox News downplaying it which I think cost us more lives than 9/11 and not being prepared as a country with supplies and waiting so long.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6254
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 27 Apr 2020, 06:45

TB303 wrote:
27 Apr 2020, 01:20
Again, I live in NY and Cuomo is a sycophant. This is why I went full on tin foil hat a week or so back.

Cuomo was notified 5 years ago that NY (NYC especially, an obvious target of international threat) was not prepared for a viral outbreak. He did nothing. The actual number of ventilators needed here was under 10k. If Cuomo had heeded the warnings in 2015, he would have had 5k to spare, but then there would have been nothing to be outraged about.

This man continually makes bad policy decisions and then blames everyone but himself:
Ridiculous Cadillac Medicaid policy and taxation, blame the Federal Govt for getting rid of tax deductions the rest of the country pays for
Minimum wages upstate can't afford so they close - blame international competition
Record number of NY leaving the state (even NYC now) - blame the weather in NY

Upstate hospitals are empty and are in monetary crisis now. The ban on all 'elective surgeries' has crippled all upstate hospitals. That was a major revenue stream, not to mention good medical care. You would be surprised what NY considers 'elective surgery'. I work for a university/health care system that is the largest or second largest in Western NY. It is the largest employer in our region. All executive salaries have been cut by up to 18%, all raises have been frozen, the organization has 30-60 days cash before it dips into it's endowment and announces furloughs.

Smaller rural hospitals are discussing bankruptcy.

Cancer wards, neurology wards, emergency wards, OBGYN wards all empty because of the mandated number of beds to be open.

Meanwhile people are dying from cancer, neurological disorders (spinal/brain stem etc), internal organ failure. I'm sure NY will add these to the always growing NY 'COVID-19 deaths'.

NYC reported 3700 new COVID-19 deaths in one day a month back. NONE WERE TESTED FOR COVID-19.

Now in NY state if a person dies in a car crash, a heart attack, a homicide they are tested for COVID-19. If the test is positive it it counted as a 'COVID-19' death. NY media wants the rest of the country to report the same way to keep people scared.

There is a reason NYC in particular has numbers of COVID deaths statistically impossible with the rest of the country.

I ask again, why?
You do realize the ban on elective procedures is basically nationwide now. I was suppose to be put under for an injection in my back but its been postponed 2x now, same with relatives in midwest. I believe a big part of this is for legal reasons, my guess is if you went in and got sick, they are scared of getting people infected. Sucks but it is what it is and Drs/Nurses who work in those hospitals will suffer but so is countless other businesses in all sorts of fields.

With regard to 3700 deaths:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/nyre ... eaths.html

It makes sense for them to do that if they look back at there books and can see these people died in the past X days before this and they had all the symptoms. Yes some will not be Covid but VAST MAJORITY would be and also plenty others died from it around the country and were not counted. If the number is + or - 10% does it really make a difference? The real test for this will be can people get it 2x, if so we are fucked. Also, what happens when states loosen up restrictions, how long can they have them loose before the states hospitals are overflowing with people. That is what will determine how bad this is.

"This man continually makes bad policy decisions and then blames everyone but himself:"
A lot of people say the same thing about Trump, Obama and anyone else. Just depends on what you value and beliefs.

IDK much about Coumo and you know far more so I cant give a positive or negative opinion on it but I though in public he did a good job explaining what he needed, why and trusted experts and that is all I ask for. Hate when politicians on either side think they know more about a topic (not just this topic) then the experts.

RitschRatsch
Posts: 180
Joined: 30 Jun 2016, 13:45
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by RitschRatsch » 27 Apr 2020, 15:30

...600934172...
Last edited by RitschRatsch on 01 May 2020, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

Elina
Posts: 1326
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 05:32
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by Elina » 27 Apr 2020, 16:19

Apologies to any Chinese members, or members of Chinese heritage for the racism that is tolerated on this board. I want you to know that it is being seen and that many people find it it disgusting. I also feel the need to remind the rest of the world that there are still intelligent, empathetic people in the US who are as shocked and appalled as you are.

Post Reply