Coronavirus Thread

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
User avatar
otas
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2787
Joined: 09 Aug 2006, 01:55
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 256 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by otas » 05 Apr 2020, 11:14

I sent information about face masks and you started to write about the politics. I'm not interested in US policy, I'm fed up with our politicans. I just know there are two parts in USA - Democrats and Republicans. But I think it's damn few parts because there is not political competition, it's like political oligopoly.
But you don't need to wait for your politicans nor for mask from China. Create your masks. You can sew it. There are many instruction videos on youtube. It's easy. Or you can use everything to protect each others - scarf, neckpiece or headover.
If you have 3D printer or somebody you know, you can print this face shields from Czech developers for medics to protect yourself or to help the medics in your surroundings.

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 05 Apr 2020, 12:37

Thanks Otas, I now know the data shows that the Czech response of making masks mandatory in public saved many lives. Americans need to assign blame for everything. If you ask me it’s because, from schools to our parents to our children, our the entire culture has been raised to feel and act entitled no matter the circumstances. SometimeS shit happens. We need to accept it, learn from it and prepare for next time.
Maskssavelives.org

scissortooth
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Feb 2016, 23:07
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by scissortooth » 05 Apr 2020, 16:22

Welp, looks like us peeps here in Poland (or at least our politicians) again have more luck than wits. Turns out (still has to be scientifically confirmed but initial data seems to confirm this) that a tuberculosis vaccine for some reason is protective against the most severe complications of COVID-19 and, luckily, that vaccine has been an obligatory shot given right after birth (and thus hard to avoid - basically only immunocompromised newborns are excluded) since 1955. Which would explain why the death toll here is much lower, in percentage values, than in many other countries (where that tube short is either optional or obligatory to risk groups only).

Russia has it similar, and I suppose it might be like that in the whole bad ol' Soviet bloc. Might be one of those things commies actually did well.

JimB
Posts: 984
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 21:50
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by JimB » 06 Apr 2020, 16:59

READ this article and it will tell you WHEN and WHO knew about the C-Virus before U.S. President Donald J. Trump ......

https://qz.com/1832032/chinas-supplies- ... yptr=yahoo
A woman looks great with short hair or a shaved head .....

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 07 Apr 2020, 22:08

Most Chinese American businessmen are all a bunch of whores, I worked for several. No principles at all

RitschRatsch
Posts: 180
Joined: 30 Jun 2016, 13:45
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by RitschRatsch » 07 Apr 2020, 23:48

...742654252...
Last edited by RitschRatsch on 01 May 2020, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 08 Apr 2020, 05:15

“Unimpeachable” 😆😏

RitschRatsch
Posts: 180
Joined: 30 Jun 2016, 13:45
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by RitschRatsch » 10 Apr 2020, 05:36

...356636980...
Last edited by RitschRatsch on 01 May 2020, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 10 Apr 2020, 06:48

RitschRatsch wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 05:36
WAshington down to 13th place in confirmed cases and still under 500 deaths. Jay the Snake sent IMPOTUS 400 ventilators we won't be needing and just packed up a field hospital today, off to another state. Cautiously optimistic we've peaked, but still a long way to go. Everyone seems to be pulling together (by staying apart) to pull this off, but the Pacific Northwest does have a rich history of socialism, which contributes to the quality of local culture.
Quality of socialism?
Just like communist China, and you can keep it too 👎😉

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6157
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 497 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 10 Apr 2020, 09:03

~svenhair wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 06:48
RitschRatsch wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 05:36
WAshington down to 13th place in confirmed cases and still under 500 deaths. Jay the Snake sent IMPOTUS 400 ventilators we won't be needing and just packed up a field hospital today, off to another state. Cautiously optimistic we've peaked, but still a long way to go. Everyone seems to be pulling together (by staying apart) to pull this off, but the Pacific Northwest does have a rich history of socialism, which contributes to the quality of local culture.
Quality of socialism?
Just like communist China, and you can keep it too 👎😉
to be fair socialism mentality is beneficial as it has you looking out for others more than capitalism which primarily has you looking out for yourself. I think all he was saying was having that type of mentality is helpful. If you recall some on FoxNews and others (not just right wing) were like fuck it, stock market means more, just let people die. That is a more of a capitalistic approach than socialism.

There are pluses and minuses to both types of gov but when you are trying to get people to do good for others, I don't think you can even deny those with socialism attitudes/beliefs will likely be more open to it than capitalists. Just so people dont take that the wrong way, that does not mean you can't support capitalism and care about others but in if you took 1000 capitalists and 1000 socialists, you would find the odds are that the socialists would be more inclined to give up some rights (being in groups of 10+ for example) than those who are far more in favor of capitalism.

Like I said though, pluses and minuses of both, to me I'd prefer a mixture of the two and not go too far either way.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6157
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 497 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 10 Apr 2020, 09:18

How is everyone else doing on here?
In NV we got more restrictions this week, they closed down golf courses (was allowed 1 per cart and no more than 2 per group) and a few other businesses this week and this is rumored to go until June. I dont see the strip in LV opening up at all this year which scares a lot of my friends when you consider this:

Including the indirect (i.e., supplier) and induced (i.e., employee spending) impacts of visitor spending in 2018, Southern Nevada’s tourism industry contributed $57.6 billion in total output, supported roughly 367,900 jobs, equal to 41.9 percent of all private employment in Southern Nevada, and generated $15.7 billion in wages and salaries throughout the region

So 41.9% is tourism, get rid of those jobs, then you think of how many of the remaining 58.1% is to suppport the other 41.9%. If you lose 42% of the jobs available the other 58% suffer as well and many of them lose their jobs.

Here is an article on tourism and why the strip may not open back up for awhile:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/ ... strip.aspx

It might be a 1+ year shut down which would destroy this town and if they do open back up, who in their right mind would come?

In the article it compares LV to Macau and says:

In February, Macau reopened after closing for two weeks due to coronavirus. In March, Macau effectively operated at 20% of pre-coronavirus levels, showing an 80% drop in year-over-year gaming revenues. And if 20% doesn't seem bad enough, consider that Macau has the benefit of a large daytrip market from Hong Kong, whereas the Las Vegas Strip does not cater effectively to locals, and does not have such a daytrip market; the short-term outlook for Las Vegas is bleaker.

So even if they do open up and we get 20% traffic, they are fucked.
Vegas will be CRUSHED by this

User avatar
Tizona
Posts: 2095
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 22:30
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by Tizona » 10 Apr 2020, 09:50

kensrs wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 09:18
So even if they do open up and we get 20% traffic, they are fucked.
Vegas will be CRUSHED by this
Kensrs, how are they addressing the situation with the communities in the tunnels under Vegas? Have the police reached out to figure out how they're dealing with it? Must feel like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.
בלש פגום

RitschRatsch
Posts: 180
Joined: 30 Jun 2016, 13:45
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by RitschRatsch » 10 Apr 2020, 15:51

...183479775...
Last edited by RitschRatsch on 01 May 2020, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 10 Apr 2020, 18:21

China is the threat, China is our enemy. In the past, they have robbed us blind. Thankfully the universities and the FBI have awoken to this and formed a new initiative.

https://www.ipwatchdog.com/2020/02/09/c ... id=118646/

Also, the globalists within the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation are in deep with the Chinese. Be aware that the Gates foundation is in agreement and in favor of their draconian anti-liberty measures like a digital certificate for genetics, testing and global tracking of individuals.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6157
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 497 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 10 Apr 2020, 18:38

Tizona wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 09:50
kensrs wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 09:18
So even if they do open up and we get 20% traffic, they are fucked.
Vegas will be CRUSHED by this
Kensrs, how are they addressing the situation with the communities in the tunnels under Vegas? Have the police reached out to figure out how they're dealing with it? Must feel like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.
Homeless shelters have been dealing with it and taking precautions, I know one night they had an issue with one shelter and set up a one night make shift shelter outside in a parking lot. They taped off boxes so people could stay far enough away from each other. With the city under the city, I assume someone went down and told them but word travels fast so they are aware of it.

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 11 Apr 2020, 12:58

Watch yesterdays presser. The President is using this time to basically declare martial law and takedown the drug cartels and human traffickers. They said 22 nations are cooperating. You can expect the mole people of Las Vegas to be going through cold turkey alone soon. No more meth or heroin, same thing in California.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6157
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 497 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 11 Apr 2020, 18:55

~svenhair wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 12:58
Watch yesterdays presser. The President is using this time to basically declare martial law and takedown the drug cartels and human traffickers. They said 22 nations are cooperating. You can expect the mole people of Las Vegas to be going through cold turkey alone soon. No more meth or heroin, same thing in California.
good luck stopping drug dealers here, you can leave your house and go to friends houses so wont be hard for them to move what they want to move

RitschRatsch
Posts: 180
Joined: 30 Jun 2016, 13:45
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by RitschRatsch » 11 Apr 2020, 19:09

...549911988...
Last edited by RitschRatsch on 01 May 2020, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
~svenhair
Posts: 1236
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:23
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by ~svenhair » 11 Apr 2020, 19:34

kensrs wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 18:55
~svenhair wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 12:58
Watch yesterdays presser. The President is using this time to basically declare martial law and takedown the drug cartels and human traffickers. They said 22 nations are cooperating. You can expect the mole people of Las Vegas to be going through cold turkey alone soon. No more meth or heroin, same thing in California.
good luck stopping drug dealers here, you can leave your house and go to friends houses so wont be hard for them to move what they want to move
The goal is obviously to cut off the dealers supplies. I don’t think your local drug dealer is hoarding a months worth of drugs😉🤑

You don’t need luck, when something is in short supply or rare, the free market drives the cost way up. The average addict won’t be able to afford their fix.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6157
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 497 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 12 Apr 2020, 05:39

~svenhair wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 19:34
kensrs wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 18:55
~svenhair wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 12:58
Watch yesterdays presser. The President is using this time to basically declare martial law and takedown the drug cartels and human traffickers. They said 22 nations are cooperating. You can expect the mole people of Las Vegas to be going through cold turkey alone soon. No more meth or heroin, same thing in California.
good luck stopping drug dealers here, you can leave your house and go to friends houses so wont be hard for them to move what they want to move
The goal is obviously to cut off the dealers supplies. I don’t think your local drug dealer is hoarding a months worth of drugs😉🤑

You don’t need luck, when something is in short supply or rare, the free market drives the cost way up. The average addict won’t be able to afford their fix.
I am by no means an expert but partied far to much in this town to know PLENTY of dealers keep months supply, especially of drugs that dont go bad.
IDK shit about meth or heroin, I'll never try either but there is plenty of it out there. Plus with no tourists a lot of dealers have far more than normal right now.

Vegas isnt a big heroin town anyways, more party drugs (coke, x, molly) for clubs, psychedelic drugs for raves/outdoors (acid, shrooms, dmt) and weed obviously. I've seen more of that stuff than I could possibly recall.

Apparently meth is popular but no one I know has admitted to trying it.
https://americanaddictioncenters.org/le ... se-by-city

Plus we arent even on lockdown, I went to walk the strip today with my ex (we kept distance) and you can basically go and do whatever the hell you want. City is one of the few rated an A for social distancing but I can go drive to any friends house I want if I wanted to.

Where did you read this at anyways, be interested in reading it.

Post Reply