Coronavirus Thread

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 20 Mar 2020, 07:42

bangs-cutter wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 05:47
Btw, one of the side effects of this pandemic, is how it brings out the ugly racist side of some people. People of Asian ethnic (even those who are not from China) get verbally abused with racist remarks for "causing" the outbreak. It ranges from passive avoidance of Asian people and Asian businesses, to outright aggressive verbal or sometimes physical abuse.
It's sad as I've seen it first hand, sucks some people are just assholes and most of the time it's due to their upbringing.

Tizona

Post by Tizona » 20 Mar 2020, 09:14

fastmandan88 wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 04:49
Thank you svenhair and TB303. Amazingly on non-headshave topics we can come to an agreement sometimes.
This guy! ^ :lol:

Is that literally all it takes to qualify as his buddy these days - disagreeing with whatever kensrs types?

Obsessed much.
בלש פגום

RitschRatsch

Post by RitschRatsch » 20 Mar 2020, 15:38

bangs-cutter wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 05:47
Btw, one of the side effects of this pandemic, is how it brings out the ugly racist side of some people. People of Asian ethnic (even those who are not from China) get verbally abused with racist remarks for "causing" the outbreak. It ranges from passive avoidance of Asian people and Asian businesses, to outright aggressive verbal or sometimes physical abuse.
The "Spanish" flu that killed millions a century ago originated in Kansas. With the horseman of pestilence, comes his groomsman, xenophobia.

Kakistocracy in action!

tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tat00x » 20 Mar 2020, 18:37

artibus wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 02:09
Thoughts and prayers for tat00x and all the other people in Italy.
Stay safe and healthy my friend.
Thanks mate. Luckily the small town where I live (11000 citizens) is still virus free with 0 cases but the rest of north Italy is overwhelmed. Hopes are the increasing curve will start go down next week giving sense to the past 10 days of home confinement. We've now more deads than China :?

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 21 Mar 2020, 02:55

tat00x wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 18:37
artibus wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 02:09
Thoughts and prayers for tat00x and all the other people in Italy.
Stay safe and healthy my friend.
Thanks mate. Luckily the small town where I live (11000 citizens) is still virus free with 0 cases but the rest of north Italy is overwhelmed. Hopes are the increasing curve will start go down next week giving sense to the past 10 days of home confinement. We've now more deads than China :?
I know. God be with you and yours. I've seen everything, including wiping ears and nose with alcohol and also drinking lime juice, to inhibit the disease. All I can say is we love you here brother...take care of yourself!
I say the same for all our friends and members here.....stay safe.

fastmandan88

Post by fastmandan88 » 21 Mar 2020, 04:00

The "official deaths" of China. Does anybody here believe the Chinese government's claim that 4 weeks ago they started having 0 new deaths and 0 new infections suddenly? They stopped updating anything starting in mid-February.

~svenhair

Post by ~svenhair » 21 Mar 2020, 05:54

Reparations due, they have the money

https://youtu.be/1Kkw39g1pCQ

tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tat00x » 21 Mar 2020, 06:59

fastmandan88 wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 04:00
The "official deaths" of China. Does anybody here believe the Chinese government's claim that 4 weeks ago they started having 0 new deaths and 0 new infections suddenly? They stopped updating anything starting in mid-February.
Don't know how you keep yourself informed but you're wrong in everything you said here. Not even confusing Wuhan (where all began and where they're reporting no new cases since 2 days ago) with the whole China (39 new infections and 3 deaths yesterday).
I, in my opinion, believe that with the severe restriction they've taken (it's already 2 months for them) this is possible.

spudwa

Post by spudwa » 21 Mar 2020, 07:47

Well every cloud has a silver lining

https://www.google.com/search?q=caronav ... e&ie=UTF-8

As someone who has been cutting my wife's hair for a long time I'm expecting a few of my wife's friends to ask for trim over the next few months

fastmandan88

Post by fastmandan88 » 21 Mar 2020, 08:16

LMAO at everyone believing the Chinese government's "statistics". I still don't see anybody answering the question why the Chinese "fatalities stats" went to 3,100 on like February 13 and then starting on February 14 there were mysteriously no further deaths after that. Do they have some sort of magic cure for this virus?

They also are the ones pushing that viral spam that "there are more prisoners in U.S. prisons than in Chinese prisons".

Now media all around the world are praising the Chinese as coronavirus heroes and using them as the "gold standard" for how to deal with it. They are also peddling the Chinese propaganda nonsense that the virus didn't start in Wuhan in November 2019. They are saying the virus started in the U.S. and Japan and spread to China.

I gotta give credit to the Washington Post here. They are telling the truth here about this propaganda war and complete 180 and revision of history that the Chinese are doing via their propaganda machine:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ives-risk/

What started as an effort to control information inside China (mostly for Chinese citizens) has now gone global. The Chinese ambassador in South Africa tweeted Monday the virus may not have originated in China. A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman tweeted that the U.S. Army “might be” responsible for the outbreak, and claimed separately to have “Further Evidence that the Virus Originated in the US.” “Citing China as the origin”, he wrote elsewhere, is “immoral & irresponsible.”

These lies have been widely allowed to circulate on China’s tightly controlled Internet. The United States isn’t the only target; Chinese officials in Tokyo have been directed to refer to the “Japanese coronavirus.”

tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tat00x » 21 Mar 2020, 09:17

fastmandan88 wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 08:16
LMAO at everyone believing the Chinese government's "statistics". I still don't see anybody answering the question why the Chinese "fatalities stats" went to 3,100 on like February 13 and then starting on February 14 there were mysteriously no further deaths after that. Do they have some sort of magic cure for this virus?
What the hell are you saying? Really?

ddchina.png

~svenhair

Post by ~svenhair » 21 Mar 2020, 18:40

Meanwhile, In South Korea, the other communist dictatorship, they just let you die or kill you first. Useless eaters just take a dirt nap.

tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tat00x » 21 Mar 2020, 18:49

~svenhair wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 18:40
Meanwhile, In South Korea, the other communist dictatorship, they just let you die or kill you first. Useless eaters just take a dirt nap.
Unless you have any proof you should say "in my opinion".

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 21 Mar 2020, 20:19

~svenhair wrote:
Did you mean North Korea?

RitschRatsch

Post by RitschRatsch » 21 Mar 2020, 23:53

klaatu48 wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 20:19
~svenhair wrote:
I should think that would make little difference to an ignorant, racist xenophobe, as long as they get to express their hate for somebody who's not like them.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 22 Mar 2020, 00:53

RitschRatsch wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 23:53
klaatu48 wrote:
~svenhair wrote:
I should think that would make little difference to an ignorant, racist xenophobe, as long as they get to express their hate for somebody who's not like them.
Actually there is a world of difference between North and South Korea. I'll go out on a limb and say, without a doubt, he meant North. We all "goof up" from time to time with grammar, spelling, logistics, etc.
The difference is not only profound between the two countries...it is quite sad. svenhair knows that, without a doubt, and doesn't need any further correction I assure you.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kensrs » 22 Mar 2020, 01:05

Crazy that there are still people out there who are like this is like the flu and not a big deal at all.
Like wake up people.
In Las Vegas where I am from all essential businesses are open but everything else for the most part has been ordered closed.
I just drove the length of the LV Strip (90% of it) and its crazy, it's a ghost town.
The strip has never been shut down like it is now, no one staying there, its such a weird feeling because it's never happened before.
You know this is serious if they shut those places down.
Luckily they are using the shutdown as a good time to pave the roads and improve them vs doing it when it's packed with a million tourists.
Being told a large shut down is coming in next few days here.
NY and Wash hospitals are crazy busy.
Expecting same thing here but good news for Vegas is all the tourists are gone.
There is 2.5m people living here but actually like 2m live here, and 500k say they do but live in California.
No sales tax here so lot of people buy places here but live in CA and claim they live here.
We also have 1m or so tourists.
We have a lot of hospitals but with no tourists here that improves the number of beds per person in town so hopefully we are a little more prepared than other cities. Time will tell, I hope we are though.

Here is a crazy video if you want to see what this looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHCBokFAnZU

JimB

Post by JimB » 22 Mar 2020, 02:35

WELL, according to a number of news release it sounds like no one will be getting a hair cut for a month or more because of this virus.

Barber shop and hair salons are being asked, in some case and places told, to CLOSE SHOP UNTIL FURTHER NOTIFIED.
A woman looks great with short hair or a shaved head .....

~svenhair

Post by ~svenhair » 22 Mar 2020, 03:55

tat00x wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 18:49
~svenhair wrote:
Unless you have any proof you should say "in my opinion".
My bad, of course I meant North Korea. South Korea is neither communist nor a dictatorship. This is common knowledge. Many who have escaped this part of North Korea have spoken out on worse atrocities than this. Surely you know this? But I must ask, what would constitute acceptable proof for you? North Korea is a closed society, do you expect free press to sneak in and bring back video? What’s so hard to believe about this?

~svenhair

Post by ~svenhair » 22 Mar 2020, 04:07

RitschRatsch wrote:
21 Mar 2020, 23:53
klaatu48 wrote:
~svenhair wrote:
You don’t know me, shut up, you already look stupid for attacking others without merit. I’ve been to South Korea, done business there, made friends there. You know why Seoul doesn’t build any building over 10 stories, or high rises like in China? Because they live with a communist dictator, a mad man like his father, with tons of WWII era armament. The entire leadership of SK knows that without provocation and his own paranoia would not hesitate to start shelling their cities. I guess you’d call them xenophobic too. 😉😆😒