Blizzcon Announcements

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
bangs-cutter

Blizzcon Announcements

Post by bangs-cutter » 02 Nov 2019, 14:16

Warcraft 3 Reforged is currently in the beta stage. I'm quite hyped to get back into playing this remade version of the game from my childhood!

Diablo 4 is also announced.

So is Overwatch 2, but I'm not a fan of this personally.
It's not "just" a bang cut! I'm a sucker for bang chops!

klaatu48

Re: Blizzcon Announcements

Post by klaatu48 » 02 Nov 2019, 14:38

One noticeable change in Overwatch 2 is that the healer, Mercy, has lost her signature ponytail:

Mercy.JPG
New Mercy.JPG
New Mercy.JPG (24.92 KiB) Viewed 271 times
I'm not against her getting a new look, but I think they traded a significantly more recognizable style for a rather blah one. With the ponytail, she could be drawn as a silhouetted figure in a crowded shopping mall scene and you'd know who it was. With the bob... not so much. So I think it's a bit of a design error to not give her something as equally recognizable.

It'll be interesting to see whether other characters get a significant makeover. DVa, the resident waifu, for example, already has a short-haired model ready to go from one of her skins:
DVA_junker_highpoly.jpg
(Also, as someone who prefers PvE over PvP, I want this sequel injected directly into my veins.)

bangs-cutter

Post by bangs-cutter » 02 Nov 2019, 15:31

Because of the feminist woke and #metoo movements, there has been a trend where female game characters are being desexualised and becoming more androgynous.

That translates to smaller boobs and shorter hair.

That explains Mercy's short hair and noticeably smaller boobs.
It's not "just" a bang cut! I'm a sucker for bang chops!

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 02 Nov 2019, 15:54

And this is where I sacrifice all pretense that I have a life...

But to push back on the idea that there's some movement forcing asexuality upon us all, there's a feature on the Overwatch website that lets you compare the old and new looks with a slider, and you can see that her boobs have not changed in size. I think it's the fact that her uniform has that extra detail going across them where the colors transition that creates an optical illusion making them look smaller.
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Chewie212

Post by Chewie212 » 07 Nov 2019, 20:19

Overwatch doesn't interest me. I kind of grew out of online games. I still play them from time to time, but playing the same multiplayer game over and over again just doesn't hold much draw for me. People always play more than I do, too, and them being so much better affects the fun at times (particularly in Gears of War). That isn't something I usually bring up, or the reason I really stay away, though. It is what it is, and I don't moan about it. It's a slight factor though.

I have time on my hands because I'm disabled, but my depression has affected my love of gaming. I used to beat 70+ a year, and have written reviews in the past, but I don't do much anymore. It can be hard to focus on gaming. My mind is often just obsessing about the rut my life is in, worrying about things pertaining to my OCD obsessions and the like. I can't get immersed in them like I used to.

I've generally preferred single player games throughout my life, though I did enjoy playing with friends. I still enjoy it from time to time, but the online stuff has become less interesting. I don't mind the odd Call of Duty match, playing some NHL online from time to time or playing co-op with a friend in Borderlands, but have to be in the right mood.

I like beating games.

Diablo IV interests me, but not as much as some other announcements or games have. I'm looking forward to it. I'll just play it solo, and won't bother with the endgame or seasons or whatever it is the game has. I play too many games.