Just when you thought....

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
chas45

Just when you thought....

Post by chas45 » 18 Jul 2018, 23:59

Ok, every time I think I have met the dumbest person on Earth a new contender comes along. This is true and I just had to share it with you all.
Heading home from work I stopped into Domino's Pizza. A young tall gangly looking kid was on the counter. He just stared at me so I said " I would like a small plain pizza and a Coke. He looks at me dead serious and say's " You will have to call your order in". I said "what...I am right here. I just want to order now". He said, " I am sorry but you really have to call it in". Then he hands me a card with the phone number on it. Standing behind the counter is an older guy with a dropped jaw that had listened to the conversation looking at me. He walked around the counter and said "can I help you sir" ?
I explained that I was trying to order a pizza and this young fellow tells me I have to call it in. He looks at the kid and asks him why he told me that. The kid says " when I got here you told me I was only taking phone orders". The guy rolls his eyes and shakes his head and says, I only meant that you were working the phones during lunch when we were busy and you got here, not all day".
The two of us looked at each other and laughed.
I finally got my pizza. I was hungry so as I was driving I decided to have a slice. I opened the box and it was some kind of pizza with chicken, noodles, and white sauce on it. I figured the older guy must have been the younger guys Dad...lol.
Charlie.

TB303

Re: Just when you thought....

Post by TB303 » 19 Jul 2018, 22:36

good laugh! Good share :)

headboy

Post by headboy » 20 Jul 2018, 04:40

I once asked the waitress to cut the pizza into 8 slices (since there were four of us, easy math). She said, "Sorry, I don't know how to do that, I can cut it into 12 for you though."

scissortooth

Post by scissortooth » 20 Jul 2018, 05:21

How such people can manage remembering to breathe in and out is beyond me :P