other hobbies?

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
TB303

other hobbies?

Post by TB303 » 08 Jul 2018, 05:43

We are all dynamic people

What are your other hobbies?

I am a bedroom techno DJ and producer at heart.
I'll be happy to share a link anytime :)

I am also a history nut. I read anything history related I can find.

I also love macroeconomics, and like 'The Economist' magazine.

What do you like?

scissortooth

Re: other hobbies?

Post by scissortooth » 08 Jul 2018, 08:25

Gaming (RPGs, military FPS, grand strategies, city/business builders, racing)

Geopolitics (mostly on the N. Am - Europe - Asia line)

Cooking (mostly Italian and various Asian cuisines (both Middle- and Far-Eastern))

I also have a bit of interest in history, psychology and medicine, growing interest in cars (especially Korean) and a fetish/kink-related interest in female fashion/beauty (since I'm into total makeovers on ladies).

Oh, and animals. Especially cats, apes and crows/ravens.

bangs-cutter

Post by bangs-cutter » 08 Jul 2018, 12:14

Good thread, to show that we're not all just spending time in our mothers' basements fapping to internet content all day. :lol:

Though, my interests do align with that stereotype (except I have my own place).

I spend most of my time in front of the computer, doing stuff and watching stuff.

I am a hobbyist photographer, so I do spend time editing photos. By extension, I also edit videos I find on the internet to post on my YouTube account.

I watch other gamers' gameplay on YouTube. I watch history, politics, and economics documentaries on YouTube.

I watch sci-fi and anime shows.

But it's not all just being a couch potato indoors though.

I enjoy cycling and going on nature strolls to balance it out. I take my mountain bike out on long rides on weekends.
It's not "just" a bang cut! I'm a sucker for bang chops!

headboy

Post by headboy » 08 Jul 2018, 19:21

I love to read, cook, and find record shops to hunt around for LPs. I love the museums at Balboa Park and wandering through the botanical gardens

I am a fairly decent Italian cook, but that is mostly due to my grandparents teaching me. I don't get to travel as much anymore, but I do love wandering through a new city, stopping at a café and seeing people.

Baseball is my favorite sport. Also, I love swimming in the Pacific Ocean. Since it is five miles from my house, I should do it more often.
Last edited by headboy on 08 Jul 2018, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

gflem

Post by gflem » 08 Jul 2018, 19:26

I collect coins!

canadian

Post by canadian » 09 Jul 2018, 02:20

Well if I am not at my computer I collect antiques in my spare time. Love the thrill of flea marketing/yard sales lol. I wont venture onto ebay to often only because shipping typically doubles the price. Although competing for top bid is rather fun.

I love watching sports, hockey mostly being from Canada. Also enjoy watching some baseball and a little NBA.

When the weathers nice I love to be hiking/biking the trails, and every now and then take a dip into the ocean.

And when the weather is crappy I tend to just sit and watch tv all day, mostly history shows. Sports, of course. Or whatevers good on Netflix at the time being.

Tizona

Post by Tizona » 09 Jul 2018, 17:09

I like shark documentaries, reggae and Spiderman films.

chas45

Post by chas45 » 09 Jul 2018, 20:23

Anything to do with the ocean. I play guitar and sing in a rock band full of old rockers when I get the chance. I grow tomatoes that's it, just tomatoes.
I love to dog ear a real book and always have one on my nightstand. Just something about a real book that seems so much better than reading an Ipod or Kindle. Beer. Preferably a Heineken if your buying....lol.
Charlie.

Elina

Post by Elina » 10 Jul 2018, 05:09

I like hiking, rock-climbing in summer, skiing in winter, eating out (at restaurants, geez you’re filthy!) I’m a carbs queen, love Italian food and most Indian/South East Asian cuisine.

Like Charlie, I love a real book. I’m a Harry Potter nut, go Ravenclaw!

Anything to do with nature and the outdoors really.

Also obsessed with British T.V.
Last edited by Elina on 10 Jul 2018, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.

gflem

Post by gflem » 10 Jul 2018, 05:25

How do I grow tomatoes?

canadian

Post by canadian » 10 Jul 2018, 16:44

Tizona wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 17:09
I like shark documentaries, reggae and Spiderman films.
I love anything to do with sharks, jaws is easily in my top 3 movies of all time

mco666

Post by mco666 » 10 Jul 2018, 18:11

My life comes down to downloading music, horror movies and going to shows.

Tizona

Post by Tizona » 10 Jul 2018, 19:33

canadian wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 16:44
I love anything to do with sharks, jaws is easily in my top 3 movies of all time
Cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water... our shark.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 10 Jul 2018, 19:55

TB303 wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 05:43
We are all dynamic people

What are your other hobbies?

I am a bedroom techno DJ and producer at heart.
I'll be happy to share a link anytime :)

I am also a history nut. I read anything history related I can find.

I also love macroeconomics, and like 'The Economist' magazine.

What do you like?
send me a link, im always down to listen

JimB

Post by JimB » 10 Jul 2018, 21:26

Hobby wise, I like model trains ( worked for 20-years on a Class I railroad and was a fourth generation railroader ), reading interesting books ( I thumb through a few pages and if I like what I read then I read the book ), walking, television ( mainly cartoons and 60s and 70s programs in rerun and old movies ), cooking ( I like to see what I have and put a little of this and a little of that together, but mostly German and Italian as well a combination of Louisiana Cajun and Creole ). nice brandies and wines and some beers, and of course "enjoying retirement".

Sport wise, baseball ( have been a New York Yankee fan since I was 5-years old and did some recreation department coaching and playing as a teenager and played in junior high and senior high -- mainly a catcher and did some relief pitching and outfielder ), football ( N.O. Saints, Tulane, and Loyola of New Orleans, sometime UNO -- LSU is very low on the list -- played in junior high and senior high ), track and field ( ran distance in junior high and senior high ), swimming ( taught for ARC for years and did scuba diving for a few years ), and of course "retirement" ( if it counts ).

Of course, still interested in the fire service, even though I am retired ( volunteer for over 40-years as firefighter, fire instructor, fire inspections, fire investigations, and hazmat technician ) and I still hang around the fire stations ( always jump on the truck if a call comes in -- still get a little rush when the tones go off ) and go to weekly training to keep up in all the new things, which keep changing every day.

I do some writing but never published. Maybe one I will write something and sent it to a publisher and see what happens.

Playing the MagerMillion, PowderBall and State Lottery. Hoping to win big before I see nothing but dirt over me.

Still learning about the computer and the things you can and cannot do on them.

AND, DID I SAY "RETIREMENT"!
Last edited by JimB on 25 Jul 2018, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
A woman looks great with short hair or a shaved head .....

TB303

Post by TB303 » 14 Jul 2018, 00:07

I share a lot of hobbies with so many of you.

Scissortooth and I could be siblings LOL.

I bike a lot, and take walks

museums and sports

real books (oh Chas45, you live in New England and are drinking Heineken?) but beer, yes beer. Part of why I had to leave MA LOL

Elina is eating my carbs (I went back low carb a month ago) but love britcoms

model trains and real trains, writing etc

We are dynamic people!

murphy1746

Post by murphy1746 » 14 Jul 2018, 00:32

I was a private pilot for 10 year but hung it up due to the fact I wasnt flying enough. Love to scuba dive , but only in warm clear waters now. Otherwise, I am a computer geek both professionally and as a hobby.

scissortooth

Post by scissortooth » 14 Jul 2018, 10:17

TB303 wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 00:07

In reference to that and your name... what kind of electronic music are you into? I'm totally into EBM/futurepop, synthwave and goa/psytrance.

TB303

Post by TB303 » 14 Jul 2018, 19:04

scissortooth wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 10:17
TB303 wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 00:07

In reference to that and your name... what kind of electronic music are you into? I'm totally into EBM/futurepop, synthwave and goa/psytrance.
As you could guess acid techno, techno, but I have a soft spot for all music electronic. My favorites are along the Drumcode label line. Big room, euro influenced techno mostly. I own an original 303, and jam out with it and a crusty old Novation drumstation from time to time. I was actually in a techno group in Philadelphia at one time, and was A/R for a Philadelphia record label.

Goa and Psytrance is terrific, but I am largely ignorant of any producers or labels.

EricB256

Post by EricB256 » 16 Jul 2018, 08:09

Well, even though my presence in these online hair circles is kind of anonymously, my hourly monthly web radio show on a nonprofit station run by volunteers is no news to some good acquaintances from the hair scene. That hobby grew out of having collected music CDs since my very early teens. My sound is rather rock n roll based overall, with quite a few other musical styles thrown in for good measure, including some electronic music styles. Most important of all, the music has got to be heartfelt and it's best when you can hear how much fun the musicians have had while recording it.
I have acquired a deep love for the English language also fairly early on, since as a kid, I wanted to know what they sing about in my favourite songs on the radio. So even though I don't live in an English speaking country, I mostly roam the English speaking parts of the internet.

Other interests include sciences, organic vegetarian cooking (which unfortunately has taken somewhat of a back seat lately due to time constraints), following motor sports, meditation, visual poetry, modern art history (both of which unfortunately only pop up occasionally on my schedule these days) and cycling (because you gotta move, and to me, that's the most fun way to move). There are more interests which are kind of on hold right now but I could go back into rather quickly, should the opportunity arise.