It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 05 Jan 2019, 17:52

klaatu48 wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 17:44
TB303 wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 17:12
If Foles makes another deep push the Eagles have some things to think about.
I don't know. Foles is an amazing guy, and the team has really rallied around him these past two years, but Carson was playing at an MVP level last year before he got hurt. It's not like we're talking about replacing Kurt Cousins or Casey Keenum here. When he's healthy and back on track, he could be an elite level QB for 12 years or more. And Foles is already in the Hall of Fame more than once, yes, but... I don't know. For me, the decision is an easy one. I mean, this plays alone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8geJp5mVLA

And then all of these...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COnjvS4tLmU
Careful brother,
You do know kensrs is a Vikes fan right? :wink:

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 05 Jan 2019, 18:10

artibus wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 17:52

Careful brother,
Oh, I'm sure the past two seasons have given him plenty of reasons to be sour on Eagles fans already...

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 05 Jan 2019, 19:44

Well Charlie's a Pats fan. Don't expect hugs from him either lol.

TB303

Post by TB303 » 06 Jan 2019, 16:38

klaatu48 wrote:

I don't know. Foles is an amazing guy, and the team has really rallied around him these past two years, but Carson was playing at an MVP level last year before he got hurt. It's not like we're talking about replacing Kurt Cousins or Casey Keenum here. When he's healthy and back on track, he could be an elite level QB for 12 years or more. And Foles is already in the Hall of Fame more than once, yes, but... I don't know. For me, the decision is an easy one.
Foles is in no Hall of Fame QB lock. Backup QB Hall of Fame, yes, with Frank Reich as founding members

I lived in the Philadelphia metro, and remember 610 WIP. I have a soft spot for the Eagles and Phillies now.

Here is the thing. Wentz is a very good QB prospect. But it was not Wentz that made the playoff run last year or this year. It was not Wentz that won a Super Bowl MVP. It was not Wentz that snuck the Eagles into the playoffs this year to avoid the embarrassment of winning the Super Bowl and then missing the playoffs the next.

Foles is not the better QB, but he may be the better QB now for the Eagles.

Much like Keenum is not a better QB than Cousins, but he was a better QB for the Vikings than Cousins now (and last year)

A broken back is no light injury.

Eagles have a tough decision IMO.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 06 Jan 2019, 17:14

TB303 wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 16:38
klaatu48 wrote:

I don't know. Foles is an amazing guy, and the team has really rallied around him these past two years, but Carson was playing at an MVP level last year before he got hurt. It's not like we're talking about replacing Kurt Cousins or Casey Keenum here. When he's healthy and back on track, he could be an elite level QB for 12 years or more. And Foles is already in the Hall of Fame more than once, yes, but... I don't know. For me, the decision is an easy one.
Foles is in no Hall of Fame QB lock. Backup QB Hall of Fame, yes, with Frank Reich as founding members

I lived in the Philadelphia metro, and remember 610 WIP. I have a soft spot for the Eagles and Phillies now.

Here is the thing. Wentz is a very good QB prospect. But it was not Wentz that made the playoff run last year or this year. It was not Wentz that won a Super Bowl MVP. It was not Wentz that snuck the Eagles into the playoffs this year to avoid the embarrassment of winning the Super Bowl and then missing the playoffs the next.

Much like Keenum is not a better QB than Cousins, but he was a better QB for the Vikings than Cousins now (and last year)

They do indeed.
Earl Morrall is probably The All-Timer in the Backup Hall of Fame IMO :)

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 06 Jan 2019, 18:32

Actually, Foles is in the actual hall of fame a few times -- once for throwing the most touchdowns in a game (7), and then for a few other records. He may not be *enshrined*, but he is in there.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2018/07/ ... -fame/

TB303

Post by TB303 » 06 Jan 2019, 18:40

artibus wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 17:14
TB303 wrote:
klaatu48 wrote:

They do indeed.
Earl Morrall is probably The All-Timer in the Backup Hall of Fame IMO :)
Agreed,I think a Raider is in there too. 8)

TB303

Post by TB303 » 06 Jan 2019, 18:44

klaatu48 wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 18:32
Actually, Foles is in the actual hall of fame a few times -- once for throwing the most touchdowns in a game (7), and then for a few other records. He may not be *enshrined*, but he is in there.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2018/07/ ... -fame/
Really? Nick Foles is a pimple on the butt of greatness.

This post isn't intended to be ironic is it?

If Foles and the Eagles under him make a second SB, then yeah I am open to that type of talk.

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 06 Jan 2019, 19:15

Just stating facts -- when you talk about quarterbacks who have their jerseys in the Hall of Fame, Nick Foles can be included in the discussion. Whether he is considered great or not can be a matter of opinion, but the fact remains that his jerseys are in there.

JimB

Post by JimB » 06 Jan 2019, 20:24

OKAY ...... WHAT are the odds that the TWO ( 2 ) TEAMS FOR THE SUPER BOWL will be LOS ANGELES Chargers VS LOS ANGELES Rams .....
A woman looks great with short hair or a shaved head .....

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 06 Jan 2019, 20:28

JimB wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 20:24
OKAY ...... WHAT are the odds that the TWO ( 2 ) TEAMS FOR THE SUPER BOWL will be LOS ANGELES Chargers VS LOS ANGELES Rams .....
I've been thinking that, too. It'd be cruel for the fates to line up like that, but more for the Chargers fans than the Rams. I mean, the Rams, at least, won a Super Bowl while in St. Louis. But the Chargers fans in San Diego never got that...

(I guess an argument could be made that the original LA Fans got screwed by fate when they won after moving to St. Louis, but... L.A., from what I've heard from friends there, just isn't a football city.)

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 07 Jan 2019, 01:09

Eagles move to the next round. What a game.
Thought it was over when Chicago got in FG range

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 07 Jan 2019, 02:14

TB303 wrote:

I am very glad I do not have to make this decision.

kensrs
Site Admin

Post by kensrs » 07 Jan 2019, 11:01

klaatu48 wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 18:10
artibus wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 17:52

Careful brother,
Oh, I'm sure the past two seasons have given him plenty of reasons to be sour on Eagles fans already...
grrrrrrrrrr........
I will enjoy watching NOS kick the Eagles ass this week

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 07 Jan 2019, 14:49

kensrs wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 11:01

grrrrrrrrrr........
[/quote]

Oh come on, you had to have gotten some joy at seeing the Bears booted from the playoffs by the team they helped squeak into them...

kensrs
Site Admin

Post by kensrs » 07 Jan 2019, 20:48

klaatu48 wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 14:49
kensrs wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 11:01

grrrrrrrrrr........
Oh come on, you had to have gotten some joy at seeing the Bears booted from the playoffs by the team they helped squeak into them...
[/quote]

Bears>>>>>Eagles because so many Eagles fans are complete assholes. Sorry man but your fan base fucking sucks. It's sad when a father of an opposing team cant bring his kids to the game without shit being thrown at them and the kids being called names. Thats not an isolated incident either, it happens all the damn time at those games. Philly fans (not you, but as a whole) are some of the worst sports fans in all of sports. Sports should be fun and you can trash talk but dont become violent, dont throw shit and dont talk shit to kids. That is why I don't like Philly. I've been to games in Chicago, those fans are passionate but know where the line is to be drawn.

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 07 Jan 2019, 21:07

Eh. I'm very blase about complaints like that. There are assholes in every crowd. My friend took his kid to a game at the Linc against Washington while wearing Redskins gear and had no issues.

Meanwhile, in San Fran or Oakland an opposing fan was nearly beaten to death.

But we're okay with people thinking we're terrible. It keeps more seats available for us.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 07 Jan 2019, 23:41

I'd pull for the Taliban against the Saints. I like Drew Brees and Ben Watson. To hell with the rest of 'em.
FWIW, I'm taking Dallas over LA, and a big part of it is LA has no home field advantage...if you see Prescott go to a silent count in the game, it will be the first time an opposing QB has had to do it all year in LA.
I also like the Cowboys run game in this one.

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 08 Jan 2019, 01:18

If you really want to see two cities frothing at the mouth to destroy one another, hope for a Dallas-Philly NFC final. I know the odds are slim for many, many reasons. but whoa nelly, that could be awesome.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by artibus » 08 Jan 2019, 02:17

I guess the last one was after the 1980 season, the week after the Cowboys came from 27-14 down to beat my Falcons in a playoff game that still burns in our hearts here. The Eagles won that one and went on to lose to Jim Plunkett and the Raiders in the Super Bowl.
You guys had another tough one when the Pats took the other Super Bowl with T.O. bitching and McNabb puking. Glad you guys got one last year.