Coronavirus Thread

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by kensrs » 11 Oct 2020, 06:45

otas wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 18:26
Nobody writes here but coronavirus is stronger than before. There are more than 3 times more people coronavirus positive every day than they were in March in my country. The hospitals are full of ill people now. Restaurants are open till 8 p.m., cinemas, theaters, fitness, swim pools - all cuture and sports are closed, concerts are canceled, it's forbidden to sing on public, all people must wear masks in public rooms and in public transport.
The politicians try not to harm economy so shops are open, manufacturing works, even hair salons are open. But situation is changing every day.
Hope it gets better but I've always feared the second wave would be the worst.

bangs-cutter

Post by bangs-cutter » 11 Oct 2020, 06:50

Historically speaking, the second wave of pandemics are usually worse than the first. That's because enough of the population have been infected, even though it lies just beneath the surface, and flares up worse when people become complacent / restrictions eased.

The world cannot keep on restricting movement and economy like this forever. Eventually we just have to live with the new reality that this new virus is here to stay and become part of life. It will become just another "background disease" which don't get media or political attention.
It's not "just" a bang cut! I'm a sucker for bang chops!

SuperStylist

Post by SuperStylist » 11 Oct 2020, 16:04

Or we could stop having these dumb culture wars, follow science, have our politicians do the jobs they have been elected to do and get on top of this virus with properly adhered to lockdowns, effective testing and tracing, adequate financial bailouts for individuals, small businesses and the arts while we wait for an effective vaccines to be developed and distributed.

I’m sure the QAnon freaked with no capacity for critical thinking or fact checking will jump on this comment and prove my point for me. “China, China, Trump, blah, blah, blah.”

The truth is that this virus didn’t need to kill hundreds of thousand, destroy global economies and continue to rage out of control. Politicians failed in their most basic capacity and enough of the population behaved like morons to screw the rest of us in the most stupid way.

Gerbil

Post by Gerbil » 12 Oct 2020, 02:10

We were not hit hard in the first wave here, but we’re now a hotspot now. Cases growing exponentially.

People are hurting and business are failing. People aren’t going anywhere even if places are open. We’re getting close to winter now, and with outdoor activities closed it will only get worse. People are hurting financially and mentally.

Sent my staff home to work, haven’t seen them in 6 months. And with changing jobs and moving myself, this will be the third year I haven’t seen my family, since travel isn’t possible anymore. Rarely leave the house but once a week now.

I hope you are all healthy out there. Stay strong. Appreciate you all.

tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tat00x » 15 Oct 2020, 20:27

We (Italy) are doing a lot of tests daily now, much more than what we was able to in the first wave. Both percentages (positive and recovered) are much lower, asymptomatic is 95% of the positive people. There's people who resulted positive for a second time after being healed.
I am a very rational person but there is something that does not come back to me. This said, knowing I'll be criticized, with current numbers what i think is that most of us took it without even realizing it and weaker people are gone. And this will only end with a vaccine. A better solution instead of the lockdowns, still in my personal opinion, would be to isolate weakest/older people from the others.

kensrs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kensrs » 16 Oct 2020, 07:02

tat00x wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 20:27
We (Italy) are doing a lot of tests daily now, much more than what we was able to in the first wave. Both percentages (positive and recovered) are much lower, asymptomatic is 95% of the positive people. There's people who resulted positive for a second time after being healed.
I am a very rational person but there is something that does not come back to me. This said, knowing I'll be criticized, with current numbers what i think is that most of us took it without even realizing it and weaker people are gone. And this will only end with a vaccine. A better solution instead of the lockdowns, still in my personal opinion, would be to isolate weakest/older people from the others.
if testing was better and more wide spread, I'd see no issues with that. I think the problem is most people cant get tested quickly around the USA at least, so if you have a home with someone 70+ it is very hard to know if you are going to infect them or not since so many are asymptomatic. Lets just hope a vaccine if proven viable this year.

scissortooth

Post by scissortooth » 16 Oct 2020, 21:33

Welp, shit has hit the fan in the pierogi and kiełbasa country too :P

And it turns out that during the relief months my government did jack shit and behaved basically as if it was almost over.

Well done, dumb fucks.

tat00x
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tat00x » 16 Oct 2020, 22:57

Pfizer should have the vaccine approved next month, hopefully. Source is a friend that is a doctor. I replied that many claimed the same but for some reason he was much more convinced by this one.

Chewie212

Post by Chewie212 » 17 Oct 2020, 02:55

One of my best friends got it from work. Thankfully it was mild, and he was only 'mildly sick' for 1.5 days. He had to isolate in the basement, away from his girlfriend, step daughter and almost newborn son.