Video names, descriptions and SEO

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
~svenhair

Video names, descriptions and SEO

Post by ~svenhair » 09 Oct 2019, 17:38

I just went back and after sorting the videos on TA77.net by oldest to newest, noticed something.

This is generalization, I did not do any thorough analysis.

The more sensational the headline: "Off with her hair!" and "Drastic pixie cut" for example, it seems the more views.
Headlines with the word "clippers" "shaves" and "bald" seem to have more view counts
Surprisingly, the word "hair" doesn't appear in many of the descriptions, nor does "cut". Yet, hair, haircut and hair cutting are what are being typed into Googles search bar more often than not when content like this surfaces.

This leads me to believe that view counts from organic search and view counts would be much higher just by using better descriptions and incorporating more key words and YouTube Tags.

This would be very easy to test. Take a good content video with low view-count and rewrite a more sensational title with keywords and check back after a month or so and see if views have spiked.

bangs-cutter

Re: Video names, descriptions and SEO

Post by bangs-cutter » 10 Oct 2019, 04:45

Good point. But got to be careful not to overdo it. If it becomes click-bait where the description does not accurately represent the video content, you will get backlash with down votes.
It's not "just" a bang cut! I'm a sucker for bang chops!

kensrs
Site Admin

Re: Video names, descriptions and SEO

Post by kensrs » 10 Oct 2019, 06:18

~svenhair wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 17:38
I just went back and after sorting the videos on TA77.net by oldest to newest, noticed something.

This is generalization, I did not do any thorough analysis.

The more sensational the headline: "Off with her hair!" and "Drastic pixie cut" for example, it seems the more views.
Headlines with the word "clippers" "shaves" and "bald" seem to have more view counts
Surprisingly, the word "hair" doesn't appear in many of the descriptions, nor does "cut". Yet, hair, haircut and hair cutting are what are being typed into Googles search bar more often than not when content like this surfaces.

This leads me to believe that view counts from organic search and view counts would be much higher just by using better descriptions and incorporating more key words and YouTube Tags.

This would be very easy to test. Take a good content video with low view-count and rewrite a more sensational title with keywords and check back after a month or so and see if views have spiked.
It does matter, you can use a program called TubeBuddy to look up a lot of that stuff, its pretty cool and its a free chrome extension. Anyone can get it and it will show you a lot of info on the videos you watch and peoples channels. :)