It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 915
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 28 Aug 2019, 13:28

It's THAT TIME again! :D

I'm ready for some FOOTBALL! My Georgia Bulldogs should hopefully be in the mix again this year for a NT. Go Dawgs!
My Falcons have a lot of questions remaining on offensive and defensive line, along with several guys coming back from season ending injuries last year. Hopefully, they can get in sync and stay healthy enough to make a run at the Aints.

Break out the cold beer and fire up the grills!

canadian
Posts: 6419
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 22:59
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by canadian » 28 Aug 2019, 14:30

I don't know much about college football but I do know its better than the CFL that's currently on all summer here in Canada.

Looking forward to the NFL too, go pats ;)

kensrs
Site Admin
Posts: 4636
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 574 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by kensrs » 28 Aug 2019, 19:29

oh yeah :)
This means more free giveaways also

jinx
Posts: 271
Joined: 11 Feb 2016, 01:35
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by jinx » 28 Aug 2019, 21:45

Yes, indeed, Serie A has already have its first match! The season is underway! I know The Premier League is where everything important seems to happen these days, but I am a Rossoneri fan regardless of how middling they are these days... *wink*

artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 915
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 28 Aug 2019, 22:13

jinx wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 21:45
Yes, indeed, Serie A has already have its first match! The season is underway! I know The Premier League is where everything important seems to happen these days, but I am a Rossoneri fan regardless of how middling they are these days... *wink*
Soccer has made a big splash where I live, in the Southern USA. Atlanta United has taken the city by storm....they sell out every game and fans are in their seats when the game starts. The Falcons of the NFL fail to do either. I'm guilty of sitting in "Section HD" (my den at my house) where the seats are free and the beer is cold and within a few steps of my recliner, so I'm not one to say anything about attendance, but the soccer team is rockin' it for sure.

Chewie212
Posts: 579
Joined: 29 Jul 2014, 05:44
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by Chewie212 » 30 Aug 2019, 01:21

Don't really care about football, to be honest, but go Vikings nonetheless.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 915
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 04 Sep 2019, 18:12

Some good college games this weekend....Texas/ LSU and Texas A&M /Clemson.

I'll put a beer up on my Falcons to take the Vikes out, even though it's on the road and probably won't happen

kensrs
Site Admin
Posts: 4636
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 574 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by kensrs » 05 Sep 2019, 00:29

artibus wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:12
Some good college games this weekend....Texas/ LSU and Texas A&M /Clemson.

I'll put a beer up on my Falcons to take the Vikes out, even though it's on the road and probably won't happen
not happening, lol... go vikes
Def good college action this wknd, i'll be at a wedding in utah so it is what it is

artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 915
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 05 Sep 2019, 19:33

kensrs wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 00:29
artibus wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:12
Some good college games this weekend....Texas/ LSU and Texas A&M /Clemson.

I'll put a beer up on my Falcons to take the Vikes out, even though it's on the road and probably won't happen
not happening, lol... go vikes
Def good college action this wknd, i'll be at a wedding in utah so it is what it is
Weddings (and funerals :lol: ) should be outlawed during FB season. I was at a wedding last season and the amount of guys looking at phones, and pissed off wives looking at the guys (including this guy) was hilarious.

User avatar
conrad
Posts: 200
Joined: 23 Apr 2008, 21:39
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by conrad » 09 Sep 2019, 20:31

artibus wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 19:33
kensrs wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 00:29
artibus wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:12
Some good college games this weekend....Texas/ LSU and Texas A&M /Clemson.

I'll put a beer up on my Falcons to take the Vikes out, even though it's on the road and probably won't happen
not happening, lol... go vikes
Def good college action this wknd, i'll be at a wedding in utah so it is what it is
Weddings (and funerals :lol: ) should be outlawed during FB season. I was at a wedding last season and the amount of guys looking at phones, and pissed off wives looking at the guys (including this guy) was hilarious.
Ha Arti, the dirty birds lost, lets see how my Saints do tonight. My tigers pulled it out as well!

artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 915
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 10 Sep 2019, 00:57

conrad wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 20:31
artibus wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 19:33
kensrs wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 00:29


not happening, lol... go vikes
Def good college action this wknd, i'll be at a wedding in utah so it is what it is
Weddings (and funerals :lol: ) should be outlawed during FB season. I was at a wedding last season and the amount of guys looking at phones, and pissed off wives looking at the guys (including this guy) was hilarious.
Ha Arti, the dirty birds lost, lets see how my Saints do tonight. My tigers pulled it out as well!
Yeah, the Falcons got SMOKED, and the Eagles show up next week. Our first round draft pick and starting left guard Chris Lindstrom might be lost for the season too....crap. I need a drink :roll:
Saints fans know the feeling, after what happened to y'all the last two years I reckon....sorry, couldn't resist. Feel free to mention the Falcons blown 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl if you like :wink:

LSU looked damn good. That new offense is just what y'all needed. My Dawgs play another cupcake this week before ND comes in in two weeks. Can't wait for that one!

kensrs
Site Admin
Posts: 4636
Joined: 21 Jul 2007, 05:35
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 574 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by kensrs » 10 Sep 2019, 08:30

conrad wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 20:31
artibus wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 19:33
kensrs wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 00:29


not happening, lol... go vikes
Def good college action this wknd, i'll be at a wedding in utah so it is what it is
Weddings (and funerals :lol: ) should be outlawed during FB season. I was at a wedding last season and the amount of guys looking at phones, and pissed off wives looking at the guys (including this guy) was hilarious.
Ha Arti, the dirty birds lost, lets see how my Saints do tonight. My tigers pulled it out as well!
Saints game was crazy

canadian
Posts: 6419
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 22:59
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by canadian » 10 Sep 2019, 14:53

kensrs wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 08:30
conrad wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 20:31
artibus wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 19:33


Weddings (and funerals :lol: ) should be outlawed during FB season. I was at a wedding last season and the amount of guys looking at phones, and pissed off wives looking at the guys (including this guy) was hilarious.
Ha Arti, the dirty birds lost, lets see how my Saints do tonight. My tigers pulled it out as well!
Saints game was crazy
was it ever!

chas45
Moderator group member
Moderator group member
Posts: 932
Joined: 02 Feb 2006, 01:29
Location: boston
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by chas45 » 10 Sep 2019, 20:03

They should just hand the Pats the trophy now and save all the trouble....lol.

canadian
Posts: 6419
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 22:59
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by canadian » 10 Sep 2019, 22:43

chas45 wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 20:03
They should just hand the Pats the trophy now and save all the trouble....lol.
If AB plays like AB can, they have a great chance. I got a feeling Gronk will be wearing the pats uniform this year too. mark my words!

artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 915
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 11 Sep 2019, 12:39

And now for the seemingly never ending drama that is Antonio Brown. AB reportedly accused of rape by an ex-trainer today.
Frostbite, Helmetgate, threatens to punch GM (in front of other players before being restrained by, believe it or not, Vontaze Burfict) for fines that were deserved for missing mandatory team activities...........good grief!

This charge of sexual assault might turn out to be bogus. I hope so for his sake. Way too much talent to throw it all away....but he wouldn't be the first to do so.

artibus
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 915
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 02:12
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 12 Sep 2019, 01:39

canadian wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 22:43
chas45 wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 20:03
They should just hand the Pats the trophy now and save all the trouble....lol.
If AB plays like AB can, they have a great chance. I got a feeling Gronk will be wearing the pats uniform this year too. mark my words!
The Pats always have a great chance, regardless (it seems) of who they run out there.
Tedy Bruschi, George McGinnis, Ty Law, Lawyer Malloy, Rodney Harrison, etc on Defense.
Corey Dillon, Randy Cross, Wes Welker, THE ENTIRE OFFENSIVE LINE...they all come and go, except for two people.

The Pats have had the perfect storm of the GOAT Head Coach and GOAT QB together for almost two decades, and the results speak for themselves. As a Falcons fan who fell victim to that "evil empire", I actually admire their success.
That said, I always loved the Silver and Black when Madden, The Snake, The Tooz, The Assassin, The Mad Stork, etc were suiting up. My fellow DB's and I would wrap roll after roll of tape on the forearms and tried to emulate Tatum and Atkinson as heat-seeking missiles in shoulder pads while playing High School ball (although almost all of those hits would be flagged now). Hope the Raiders get back to respectability.

Post Reply