Fighting back against creepers

Talk about this site here and everything hair related (except what have its own forum).
Sharing of copyrighted material here is prohibited!
We are not responsible for what our users post. If you are the copyright holder of something found here mail to the board administrator at ttxAThvidsDOT.net
bangs-cutter

Fighting back against creepers

Post by bangs-cutter » 07 May 2018, 22:12

Those creepers who comment inappropriately on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook, and then causing those videos to get deleted or made private by the owners... they just ruin it for the rest of us!

Is there anything we can do to fight back and punish them?

I know of one way on Facebook to do it. Since those creepers usually use fake accounts, we can report their accounts to Facebook. If enough of us do it with enough frequency, it would prompt Facebook to take action.

I know they can always emerge again with another account and it's going to be a never ending cat and mouse game.

But surely creeping behaviour shouldn't go unpunished?
It's not "just" a bang cut! I'm a sucker for bang chops!

sdnewlf

Re: Fighting back against creepers

Post by sdnewlf » 08 May 2018, 03:30

I am with you 100%. First, this is simply harassment of the women. Some of the charity shaves are loosing their hair out of grief or respect for a loved one. On almost all of these, there is at least one "you should shave it smooth comment" The problem is these kind of people help create an image of "hair fetishits" as mentally ill and sick people. The vast majority of us are not. In fact, I hardly view it as a fetish. I think it was a transgender woman who said : "If your preferences don't line up with society, they get called fetishes". I couldn't agree more.

I wouldn't exactly hold my breath with your Facebook plan. They've got a lot on their plates these days!

One14eighty8

Post by One14eighty8 » 08 May 2018, 04:07

Unfortunately there’s really not much that can be done.

There’s a guy on IG who comments “looks great, how’d it feel to chop it all off?” On EVERY SINGLE POST of a girl who cuts/buzzes/shaves her hair.

He’s a pathetic disgusting creep, and his profile isn’t private, so I know he lives in NY... as do I, short of vigilante justice, which is extreme... what can someone really do to stop this freaky creep?

gflem

Post by gflem » 08 May 2018, 04:12

what seems nice and appropriate is to say "this looks nice on you"

is this OK?

strangerfromuk

Post by strangerfromuk » 08 May 2018, 09:15

gflem wrote:
08 May 2018, 04:12
what seems nice and appropriate is to say "this looks nice on you"

is this OK?
yes as that's just paying a compliment without been too intrusive

to the OP -- As for stopping the creeps that's kinda like trying to bale out a sinking boat with a teaspoon - great idea but just isn't going to work. There is too many sites and too many ways to create accounts/profiles so it's just a case of keeping our fingers crossed the good finds are not lost to the creep squad

bangs-cutter

Post by bangs-cutter » 08 May 2018, 09:53

Time zone different sucks for our international community. Even for someone who logs in every day into the forum to check for updates, it's possible for a post to be up for half a day unseen if posted by someone on the other side of the planet. But in that half day, it's ample time for creepers to get to the original video.

I personally always save good videos I find asap. But sometimes those creepers get ahead of me, because of the time zone difference thing.

fuuss
Supporter
Supporter

Post by fuuss » 08 May 2018, 14:04

What i don't understand , what does that bring them writing those "creepy" comments under every picture or video.

Do they think the girl in the video will say oh yes come over and shave me , come on , grow old.....

bangs-cutter

Post by bangs-cutter » 08 May 2018, 14:21

It's the equivalent of men catcalling women in real life. Except it's worse online, since the ability to hide behind an anonymous name emboldens people to become dicks.

Tizona

Post by Tizona » 08 May 2018, 19:33

Classless, but it's unavoidable. At the end of the day though it's down to each channel owner to either report anything creepy, limit their audience or switch off comments altogether.

In their shoes, personally, I'd sooner challenge an individual remark than take a video down, call the sickos out and make a spectacle of them: "And why would I shave it smooth?", "Why are you so obsessed with this?", "Why are you leaving such weird, seedy little comments on a woman's vlog?", etc.

We could also run a 'Nonce of the Week' thread here to spotlight the most dubious exchanges, list frequent offenders, and once a month induct one of them into the 'Creeper Hall of Fame' for providing the most awkward moments. They'd soon curb their enthusiasm.

F-Man

Post by F-Man » 08 May 2018, 19:51

Tizona wrote:
08 May 2018, 19:33

We could also run a 'Nonce of the Week' thread here to spotlight the most dubious exchanges, list frequent offenders, and once a month induct one of them into the 'Creeper Hall of Fame' for providing the most awkward moments. They'd soon curb their enthusiasm.
100% up for that :D

chas45

Post by chas45 » 08 May 2018, 21:51

Trying to find a way to stop people from making posts you find offensive is the biggest waste of time. Some of them may frequent this board and others may not. No way to really tell. Just the way it has always been and probably always will be.
Charlie.

hairfreak2010

Post by hairfreak2010 » 09 May 2018, 06:59

One of my new favorite things to do is to troll them. You would be surprised how even guys hiding behind behind an anonymous account will get very uncomfortable very fast when you troll the shit out of them. One example, a guy kept leaving some really weirdly specific posts on an irl friend's Instagram page. There was the basic "you should shave your head smooth" comments at first but then he got super specific going as far as to tell her how he wanted to see a video of her being shaved while wearing ankle high socks. Well, needless to say, I just trolled the shit out of him. I sent him DM's of myself wearing athletic socks every hour of the day for about three or four days with sexually suggestive messages and asking him if he would help me shave my head. He closed his account on the fourth day. You just have to get a bit creative.

bangs-cutter

Post by bangs-cutter » 09 May 2018, 07:48

hairfreak2010 wrote:
09 May 2018, 06:59
One of my new favorite things to do is to troll them. You would be surprised how even guys hiding behind behind an anonymous account will get very uncomfortable very fast when you troll the shit out of them. One example, a guy kept leaving some really weirdly specific posts on an irl friend's Instagram page. There was the basic "you should shave your head smooth" comments at first but then he got super specific going as far as to tell her how he wanted to see a video of her being shaved while wearing ankle high socks. Well, needless to say, I just trolled the shit out of him. I sent him DM's of myself wearing athletic socks every hour of the day for about three or four days with sexually suggestive messages and asking him if he would help me shave my head. He closed his account on the fourth day. You just have to get a bit creative.
Ingenius! lol. Though, most of us don't have that kind of time or persistence to do what you did.

Sounds similar to what some people do to scammers. They pretend they are interested in the scam, and just take the scammer on a long ride to waste their time. There are even chat bot programs one can use to engage scammers to waste their time, giving them a taste of their own medicine.

fastmandan88

Post by fastmandan88 » 09 May 2018, 16:12

The biggest problem is Instagram. On Facebook the OP has a lot of control on comments and can even disallow comments if they want or delete trollish/spam comments easily.

On IG there is no control whatsoever with comments so sometimes some creeper or stalker can post personal info about them and of course that freaks them out and they just delete their whole IG as a result. Best thing to do is to use http://postimages.org/ or other image hosting websites like Imgur if you want to post an Instagram image in your post or comment here without having to directly link to IG (and those direct image links from IG expire after a few days, anyways).

Youtube is less likely to have problems than IG but moreso than FB. Again on YT they can report trolls/spam easily so most of them end up not deleting their videos ever as a result.

One more thing: SAVE THE VIDEOS! If they delete it at least you can re-post it here easily and ASAP with Google Drive/Youtube (set to where only people with a direct link can open it because you can't search for it otherwise)/Vimeo.

haircutcut

Post by haircutcut » 09 May 2018, 17:10

fastmandan88 wrote:
09 May 2018, 16:12
The biggest problem is Instagram. On Facebook the OP has a lot of control on comments and can even disallow comments if they want or delete trollish/spam comments easily.

On IG there is no control whatsoever with comments so sometimes some creeper or stalker can post personal info about them and of course that freaks them out and they just delete their whole IG as a result. Best thing to do is to use http://postimages.org/ or other image hosting websites like Imgur if you want to post an Instagram image in your post or comment here without having to directly link to IG (and those direct image links from IG expire after a few days, anyways).

Youtube is less likely to have problems than IG but moreso than FB. Again on YT they can report trolls/spam easily so most of them end up not deleting their videos ever as a result.

One more thing: SAVE THE VIDEOS! If they delete it at least you can re-post it here easily and ASAP with Google Drive/Youtube (set to where only people with a direct link can open it because you can't search for it otherwise)/Vimeo.
All the platforms got better. If you take time to report action will be taken. We should work together

Falakras

Post by Falakras » 10 May 2018, 01:59

hairfreak2010 wrote:
....I sent him DM's of myself wearing athletic socks every hour of the day for about three or four days with sexually suggestive messages and asking him if he would help me shave my head....
bwahahahahaa! :lol:
You're an evil genius.

hairfreak2010

Post by hairfreak2010 » 10 May 2018, 03:18

bangs-cutter wrote:
09 May 2018, 07:48
hairfreak2010 wrote:
Ingenius! lol. Though, most of us don't have that kind of time or persistence to do what you did.

Sounds similar to what some people do to scammers. They pretend they are interested in the scam, and just take the scammer on a long ride to waste their time. There are even chat bot programs one can use to engage scammers to waste their time, giving them a taste of their own medicine.
Yeah, I went a little above and beyond because as I said, he was doing it to someone I know in real life. Honestly though, it really doesn't take all that much time to troll one of these guys.

Another favorite technique of mine is responding to their messages on Instagram pointing out how socially awkward they are and how lame their attempts are at wooing someone of the opposite sex. Basically I just publicly embarrass the shit out of them until they either unfollow or they kinda get the message that harassing women about their hairstyle or hair length isn't cool. You do have to be a little careful not to come off as some sort of white knight, because in my opinion that's even lamer then leaving creepy messages.

I've actually received a number of DM's from women that I follow over the past few months thanking me, which is cool, but being completely honest, I just enjoy torturing these idiots online. So I kinda look at the thank you's as a bonus.

~svenhair

Post by ~svenhair » 10 May 2018, 08:49

Death threats are good too. 🙄 Taking up other peoples offences because of course, why not change the world? SJW much?

Elina

Post by Elina » 10 May 2018, 11:40

~svenhair wrote:
10 May 2018, 08:49
Death threats are good too. 🙄 Taking up other peoples offences because of course, why not change the world? SJW much?
Frankly, anyone who uses the term SJW at this point is part of the problem. #timesup.

~svenhair

Post by ~svenhair » 10 May 2018, 13:35

Sorry Elina. The label is self imposed and the label fits. I guess I'm part of the problem for not speaking up every time I see some one who may be potentially offended by a post on the internet, all the while, self assuming the victim doesn't have the power to speak up for themselves now? What a holy crusade to take on today, let me get my gun. ...but first let's steal their video to make sure it's available later... The recruiting line opens at noon and starts with lessons on how to take pictures of ones own ankle socks without showing your face.