Must be that time of year...

Talk about this site here and everything hair related (except what have its own forum).
Sharing of copyrighted material here is prohibited!
We are not responsible for what our users post. If you are the copyright holder of something found here mail to the board administrator at ttxAThvidsDOT.net
klaatu48

Re: Must be that time of year...

Post by klaatu48 » 25 Jul 2017, 22:05

Yeah, kinda. :-)

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 19 Sep 2017, 00:05

Two mini-updates on this saga:

1. The cheerleader did let her shorter bob go curly and, yeah, she rocketed back up into the top of the ranks at the company. Absolutely amazing, because it wasn't just the usual curls she had when it was longer, but really, super curly, probably because it was a rainy day. Unfortunately (read: fortunately) I didn't get a chance to talk to her and say, "(Name), holy fuck you're killing it today..."

2. The young woman who made a habit of playing around with her "just got fucked" hair in meetings and, in the process, toying with me, got one of the most unfortunate chops a woman can get -- substantial enough to take her out of the "Long hair" category (it was just past her boobs, I think), but not enough to carry her over into the bobbed/short category, either. I guess it's about as long as medium length can get, just a few inches past her shoulders, and is just kind of... well, to be honest, it still looks incredible because it's so thick and curly and soft looking, and I was dying for her to take out the hairclip that held the front and sides back, but it *is* technically still a downgrade from what it was.

I just hope the fact that she can't toss it behind her shoulders and have it stay there, or gather it in front of one shoulder and have it stay there doesn't dissuade her from ever wearing it down and loose again. I want to see those riotous locks falling in her face (her features are really sharp and cute, with a bright smile), and am gonna be pretty annoyed if an overzealous-but-not-zealous-enough stylist took that away from me.

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 11 Oct 2017, 14:54

Are perms a thing now? My neighbor with the glorious, long, soft black hair that bounced around in a ponytail beautifully seems to have gotten the weirdest perm ever -- it's like a spiral perm equivalent for waves. No curls, just really tight, stiff waves that barely move in the wind. It looks pretty bad (though neat and not frizzy) when down, and I can't fathom why she'd do that unless it was some stealth fad I hadn't heard about.

crank

Post by crank » 11 Oct 2017, 20:02

God I hope not! I’ll retire!

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 12 Oct 2017, 14:47

Seriously, better that than to be a part of this. I saw her again this morning and it's just...ugh. A gorgeous mane, destroyed. And there's no way out of it until she cuts it all off, right?

Meanwhile, it's s humid rainy day and the cheerleader let her *natural * blonde curls go crazy so they're just past chin-length and goddamn does she look amazing.

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 04 Apr 2018, 16:22

Okay, so a few minor updates...

Girl number 2 from my original post has continued her trend of letting her thick, dark, Fuck Me curls get close to waist length and then lopping them off a few inches below her shoulders and straightening them out. It's definitely noticeable, but I've stopped commenting on it since it's the norm for her and I don't want to stand out. If it looks especially good one day or she goes shortet, I'll say something, but otherwise she can wait...

The adorable blue pixie girl let her hair grow to brush against her shoulders, but it's still a beautiful frosty blue. Most of the time she has it in a tiny "why did you bother growing it out" ponytail, but when she wears it loose, it looks really, really good. Like a gamer girl all grown up.

But the big thing is that number one from my original post now has a full, thick, nearly one length bob that just about reaches mid-neck, and today is one of those humid days she hates where her latent curls spring to life, and holy fuck she's been driving me crazy today. It's right on the boundary of presentable, and I'm thinking that it wouldn't take very much mussing at all to launch it into the sexy-wild category. Like, dear god... I don't know how her husband hasn't pinned her to the wall of her office already. In the understatement of the year I told her the curl action looked pretty cute today, and she noted that it's "in transition" to being long one more time before she starts going grey. I was tempted to urge her to stay with the bob, but... I already talked her into the pixie, so I'll refrain from that this time.

But goddamn...gonna be a long day.
Last edited by klaatu48 on 04 Apr 2018, 19:08, edited 2 times in total.

jinx

Post by jinx » 04 Apr 2018, 18:48

I don't know how you manage to do any work with those kind of tempting distractions surrounding you, klaatu48 :)

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 05 Apr 2018, 01:06

There are times I wonder that myself, but then there are times where it's a complete drought for quite a while.

klaatu48

Post by klaatu48 » 14 May 2018, 22:33

A new contender emerges!!

So, this isn't much of a change, but the story behind it kind of amused me. I have a coworker who's a very cute, skinny, and not very tall at all. She's always had medium brown, stick-straight hair that fell to about mid-back ad complemented her features and build rather nicely. Thing is, I never could tell how old she was -- I guessed around 30 or so, but you could have told me she was anywhere from 22 to 35 and I would have taken your word for it, she just has one of the faces.

But, apparently not to everyone. Because when one of our mutual coworkers found out Skinny's family situation (two kids), she remarked that she didn't think Skinny was old enough to be married, much less have kids. That was sometime last week.

Fast forward to this morning, and who else but Skinny comes wandering in with her college girl, mid-back hair chopped off so it's just barely long enough to brush her shoulders. It looks great, and is one of those professional Mommy-type cuts that is really hot, but you can still tell that she's a mom who's trying to look good (and more mature than she apparently did).

I was so tempted to ask whether the age comments from last week spurred the change, but managed to hold back. But it's just too much of a coincidence for that to not be the case -- the fact that she went from always having had long hair to short the first weekend afterward? It's just too much of the classic "Trying to look older" storyline.

verybored2

Post by verybored2 » 15 May 2018, 14:58

My S.O. has been growing her hair out since December, with that intent of getting back to long hair. She could already tie all her hair back, and went out with it tied in stumpy ponytail most days. She surprised me on Friday evening by having had her hair cut after work, and really quite short and pixie-ish again. :D :wink:

murphy1746

Post by murphy1746 » 15 May 2018, 15:50

My wife continues to teeter on the edge of going short. She went to the salon on Saturday and had her medium bob maintained. The stylist talked into going quite a bit lighter. Her hair is naturally course and tends to be frizzy. The color had a negative impact on her texture and the cut is just long enough that her hair tending to go in a bunch of different directions unless she flat irons her hair within a ounce of its life. She has already frustrated with her hair.

We are heading out on vacation where its going to be hot and humid. I am hoping this pushes over the edge.

Edit - Added a pic after the flat iron has done its damage.
Attachments
IMG_0373.jpg