Any gym junkies here?

I train regularly at the gym as part of my fitness routine. Thought to start a thread about gym workouts here, or just any fitness in general. :smile:

To get the ball rolling, here’s my routine. I’m overweight, and my goal is to build muscle mass and strength, and shed the excess fat. I use the legs-push-pull routine. 2 cycles a week with 1 day rest.

Sunday: Legs
Dead lift
Leg press
Calf press
Hamstring curl
Bike machine / Outdoor cycling

Monday: Push
Bench press
Overhead press
Chest fly
Shoulder side raise
Treadmill cardio medium

Tuesday: Pull
Barbell row
Barbell bicep curl
Sit ups
Lat pull down
Treadmill cardio intense

Wednesday: Legs
Squat
Calf press
Hamstring curl
Elliptical machine cardio

Thursday: Push
Bench press
Overhead press
Chest fly
Shoulder side raise
Treadmill cardio medium

Friday: Pull
Barbell row
Barbell bicep curl
Sit ups
Lat pull down
Treadmill cardio intense

Saturday: Rest
Most of my social activities happen on Saturday, so I leave it free as my rest day from working out.

Feel free to share your fitness routine here. :grin:

2 Likes

6 days in a row that’s pretty hard core. I’m only at 3 now. I usually do workout, rest day, workout, etc.

I find if I lift heavy and go back to back days my previous days workout messes up my next since I’m still sore.

I’m getting up in age, but I still like to lift and also hit the road early morning for a run four to five times a week.
I’ve torn up the rotator cuff in my shoulder twice and the knees ain’t what they used to be so the weight is greatly reduced for a lot of the exercises and my “runs” are more like “trots” nowadays. No way in hell am I quitting anytime soon though.

I like your routine, BTW. Stay after it!

With the PPL program I use, the advantage is that each muscle group gets two days rest in between. So you only ever work out one muscle group each day.

Day 1: Legs workout (arms rest)
Day 2: Chest and triceps (legs rest)
Day 3: Back and biceps (chest and triceps rest)

I am used to this routine, so two days is enough rest for each muscle group.

Another common way is full body workout every other day, with one day rest in between. That seems to be what you do? One day gap might not be enough to fully recover, so that is the disadvantage of this method.

thats what I do but have a shoulders day as well, so 4 workouts and I try to go 5-6x a wk when possible. Doing a garage renovation now, tearing sheetrock out, wiring 220 in there, insulating it, sheetrock/tape/paint, new insulated door, tiles on floor and cabinets for storage, than turning it into a home gym. Hopefully that makes me get in 6 a week.

I have never been to the gym, but I have been working out quite regular for about ten years now. But in between I did nothing for months or even years and I lost what I gained, of course. I have never been a body builder, but I have quite a good body for my age. Like all Hobbits, I am a little overweight, but my muscles make me quite stabile. I like working out, because it helps me to focus, concentrate and feel myself better and to gain more self discipline (I suffer from Borderline) but I never had the goal to get bumped or something.